My favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe is Reese’s Pieces Cookies Recipe, which use Reese’s Pieces instead of chocolate chips.
These simple cookies have a peanut butter flavor and a chocolate chip flavor. Why use chocolate chips when Reese’s Pieces are available?
Do you ever experience a strong desire for something? What about, say, brownies? Or how about cake? Or how about banana muffins? Or how about cookies?
- Perfect Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- Perfect Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- COFFEE MILK TEA Hong Kong Style Yuanang Tea
COOKIE BUTTER MONSTER COOKIES WITH REESE PIECES
Unfortunately, I get similar urges on a regular basis. Even though I’m always surrounded by dessert, I still get cravings that need to be satisfied right now.
When that happens, I know I should pay attention because if I don’t, I’ll wind up eating 14 pounds of other dessert to compensate, which won’t satisfy the hunger, so I’ll just make what I want and eat it. It’s an issue.
Last week, I had a yearning for Chocolate Chip Cookies, but I also had a craving for peanut butter. What should a female do in that situation? This delicious Reese’s Pieces Cookies.
By using less quick oats, the texture improved by a-thousand-percent. They are seriously, sooo good. They’re still a denser cookie because of the oats, but so soft & chewy at the same time.
WHY THIS RECIPE WORKS?
The soft crunch of chocolate peanut butter candies adds more taste and texture to these Reese’s Pieces cookies, making them an even more delectable treat.
WHAT MAKES THE PERFECT COOKIE?
For me, several things:
- A cookie should be soft, not crunchy. I chill my cookie dough to ensure it’s incredibly soft, and the melting butter also aids in this process.
- Depth of taste: To ensure that my cookie has a lot of flavor, I add melted butter and a lot of brown sugar.
- Use whatever you want as a mix-in! Chocolate chips are ideal for a basic cookie, but adding Reese’s Pieces transforms these into bliss.
BEST CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE BASE!
Melted unsalted butter and a combination of brown sugar and granulated sugar are used in this cookie recipe. I prefer using melted butter in cookies because it gives them a toffee-like flavor when combined with brown sugar.
They must be refrigerated before baking because they are made with melted butter. Don’t skip this step — it’ll be worth it in the end.
I like how the Reese’s pieces add a taste of peanut butter flavor to the cookie without being overbearing. I adore peanut butter, but sometimes I just want a bit. Without the use of peanut butter, Reese’s Pieces Cookies enable the candy to shine!
HOW TO MAKE REESE’S PIECES COOKIES?
We adore how simple these are!
- PREP. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- DOUGH. In your mixer, combine the butter, oil, and sugars. Combine them. Add the eggs and continue to beat until the mixture is frothy. Add the remaining ingredients, except the 1 cup whole Reese’s Pieces.
- BAKE: Spoon the dough onto a cookie sheet that has been buttered. Add 3-4 Reese’s Pieces on top and press them in little. Bake for 7-8 minutes at 350°F. Enjoy!
Alternative Video Recipe: Reese’s Pieces Cookies
BUTTER: When you cream softened butter, it forms air pockets that will be transferred to the cookies when they are baked. When the butter is melted, it does not have as much of a leavening effect, which is OK for other baked goods but not for cookies.
CRUSHED CANDIES: The candy will be crushed anyhow if you put it in the mixer, but there is additional reason for this procedure. Crushing the candies allows more taste, color, and crunch to be distributed.
You can still place big ones on top to get that bite into the candy, but the small pieces allow the flavor to permeate the biscuit. This is especially useful when working with a chocolate chip batter rather than a peanut butter batter.
Change it up:
- Use a variety of cookie bases, such as sugar cookies, peanut butter cookies, or chocolate cookies.
- Combine the Reese’s Pieces and the peanut butter cups. Alternately, use 12 chocolate chips and 12 peanut butter chips.
- Substitute semisweet or milk chocolate chips for the peanut butter chips for more chocolate and less peanut butter.
HOW TO STORE REESE’S PIECES COOKIES?
Make the dough ahead of time and REFRIGERATE or FREEZE it.
- Refrigerate the dough by rolling it into a log and carefully wrapping it in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for up to 5 days.
- Freeze the dough in log form (wrap with plastic, then skin with aluminum foil) or form dough balls. If you’re making dough bakes, flash freeze them on a baking sheet belt before transferring them to a freezer Ziploc. Dough can be frozen for up to 3 months. Allow the dough to defrost somewhat before baking.
Cooled Reese’s Pieces cookies can be stored in an airtight jar for 4-5 days. To keep the cookies soft and chewy, place a piece of white bread in the container. The baked cookies can also be FREEZED for up to 3 months.
- M&M’s can be substituted for Reese’s Pieces.
- Instead of milk chocolate chips, use white chocolate chips or semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Plan ahead and create the cookie dough a day ahead of time for the best results. At the very least, place it in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours. This prevents the cookies from spreading too much.
- These cookies are best served hot from the oven. Aren’t all cookies the same? Served with a big glass of milk. They can be stored in a zip lock bag for at least 5 days and will remain soft and fresh.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I add chocolate chips too?
Absolutely! Adding chocolate chips to this recipe is simple and results in a tasty cookie. I’d go with half chocolate chips and half Reese’s bits, for a total of 3/4 cup chocolate chips and 3/4 cup Reese’s pieces.
How long do cookies keep?
When stored in an airtight container at room temperature, these cookies will last 3-4 days.
Can I freeze dough?
This dough does freeze well. Prepare and roll the dough balls on a baking sheet, then flash freeze the baking sheet. Once the dough balls have frozen for about an hour or two, remove them off the baking sheet and put them in a large ziptop bag in the freezer for 3 months. When you’re ready to bake, simply take the dough balls out of the freezer and let them come to room temperature while the oven heats up. Bake according to package directions.
Is there chocolate in Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups?
Despite the fact that they share a name with chocolate peanut butter cups and a brown tint, which I guess we all assumed meant they were chocolate?! A closer look at a box of Reese’s Pieces reveals that it is advertised as “peanut butter candy in a crunchy shell,” with no mention of chocolate.
More alternative related recipes to try:
Chocolate Reese’s Pieces Cookies Recipe
These simple Reese’s Pieces Cookies are done in less than 20 minutes! Ideal for satisfying a late-night chocolate desire. Reese’s cookies combine two of my favorite things: chocolate and peanut butter. I was startled by how strong the peanut butter flavor was in these. I also thought the Reese’s Pieces had more “crunch” than its relative, M&M’s.
Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Cookies Recipe
These are quite decadent and ideal for any peanut butter lovers out there. This cookie recipe is really simple, and the dough stores well! Peanut Butter Cup Cookies are exactly what you need this week!
MORE RELATED POSTS: