Remember these perfect whole wheat waffles? How could you not. Here is round 2, as promised. I turned these delicious waffles into french toast! I love french toast and I love waffles, so why not have the best of both worlds. So I had waffles one day, and french toast the next. Perfect breakfast(s) if you ask me.
I also coated these bad boys in corn flakes, and then baked them rather than frying them on the stove top. This keeps them super crispy, and not soggy. Although you could probably do either. They were delicious topped with warm maple syrup, a sprinkle of powdered sugar and a few banana slices.
- 2 cups Whole Milk
- 6 Eggs
- 6 Tablespoons Granulated Sugar
- 4 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 2 teaspoons Cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 6 cups Cornflakes, crushed to ¼ of the original size
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with tin foil. Top the sheet with a wire rack coated with nonstick cooking spray (used for baking).
- Place crushed cereal on a plate or tray. Whisk together milk, eggs, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon & salt in a large, wide bowl.
- Take 1 waffle & coat in the the milk mixture. Fully submerge each side for a total of about 5-10 seconds. Next, press each side of bread onto the cereal to fully coat.
- Transfer to the rack. Repeat with each waffle.
- Bake them for 18-20 minutes, flipping half way through. Serve with warmed pure Maple Syrup, a dusting of powdered sugar. (and/or top with fruit slices).