You may have tried this broccoli salad at chicken salad chick, or you may have heard about it from a friend, and now you want to recreate it at home but don’t know how.
Well, I’m here to show you how to make this broccoli salad dish the right way, so it looks and tastes like if you bought it from a chicken salad chick. All you have to do is follow the instructions and you’ll have the greatest result possible.
I’m confident that you’ll enjoy and love this recipe, and if you do, please leave a comment because either myself or my friend Hamdi enjoy responding to feedback. Also, if you enjoy cooking in the air fryer, we have a whole section dedicated to air fryer recipes, and Ina Garten is one of our favorite chefs to write about recipes, so you should check that out as well.
Is Chicken Salad Chick Broccoli Salad Recipe Healthy?
The answer to the question of whether Chicken Salad Chick Broccoli Salad is healthy or not depends on the ingredients you use and the amount you use. Broccoli salad can be a healthy and nutritious option.
The type of chicken you use, as well as whether or not you use the bacon bits, will affect the nutrition of the salad. If you use breast meat (as opposed to dark meat or chicken cooked with the skin on), the salad will have less cholesterol and saturated fat.
Preparing Side Ingredients | Chicken And Bacon
We need to take care of bacon and chicken before heading out and preparing your poultry, so we’ll go through how to properly prepare your chicken and bacon here.
Alternative Video: Best Broccoli Salad
- Delicious Benihana Ginger Salad Dressing [
- Glassy Candied Strawberries Recipe
- 30 Insanely Good Brunch Potluck Ideas
Preparing your Chicken for Chicken Salad Chick Broccoli Salad Recipe
You can use the instructions below to cook your chicken for your Chicken Salad Chick Broccoli Salad Recipe or if you want to use shredded chicken instead, I have another recipe that shows you how to prepare it.
What you will need
- 16 ounces boneless chicken breast
- 1 half lemon, sliced
- 1/4 small onion, peeled
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
- 1 bay leaf
- 8-10 whole black peppercorns
- 1 handful fresh parsley
- 1 1/4 tsp salt
- water to cover the chicken by 1 inch
Boiled Chicken Instructions
- The first step is to bring the chicken breasts to room temperature for around 30 minutes before gently pounding them to equal out the thickness.
- Gather the items for the poaching liquid in the meantime, which includes slicing the lemons, cutting the onion, and pressing the garlic.
- Now, add a few cups of water to a large pot and toss in the salt, then add the chicken breasts in a single layer to the pot, not stacked on top of each other.
- Then, along with extra water, add the remaining ingredients until the chicken is covered by 1 inch.
- Place the pot over medium heat and allow the contents to come to a simmer; a nice trick is to give the pan a gently shake every now and then to help disperse the heat evenly. Then reduce the heat to low and allow the chicken softly and slowly simmer for about 8 to 10 minutes, checking with a meat thermometer to determine if the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 170 degrees F.
- If you don’t have a meat thermometer, pierce the chicken with a knife or fork and make sure the juices run clear rather than pink.
- Finally, remove the chicken from the poaching liquid and set aside to cool fully before storing or using in the Chicken Salad Chick Broccoli Salad Recipe.
Preparing your Bacon bits for Chicken Salad Chick Broccoli Salad Recipe
Now that we’ve seen how to correctly prepare the chicken for the Chicken Salad Chick Broccoli Salad Recipe, it’s time to move on to the bacon. I have a distinct recipe for Arby’s Brown Sugar Bacon that you might like to try, but I’ll present the instructions here as well.
What you will need
- 1 pound Thick Cut Bacon
Bacon bits Instructions
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- If your bacon is frozen, thaw it about 2/3 of the way before using, or freeze it for around 30 minutes if it isn’t.
- Now arrange your bacon pieces directly on top of one another in thin heaps thin enough to cut through with your knife.
- After that, cut the bacon strips in half lengthwise to make them thinner, then cut horizontally into chunks, keeping in mind that these bacon bits will shrink when cooked.
- After that, place the cut bacon bits in a cast iron pan and heat it over medium-high heat on the stove for a couple of minutes to heat the pan and separate any chunks of bacon.
- Then, transfer your cast iron pan to the oven and bake for about 25 to 30 minutes at 425 degrees F, checking and stirring the pan every 5-7 minutes or so.
- Finally, drain the bacon bits on paper towels when they’re done, and you’re ready to use them in the Chicken Salad Chick Broccoli Salad Recipe.
What to Serve With Chicken Salad Chick Broccoli Salad
If you want to pair something with your Chicken Salad Chick Broccoli Salad for a full meal then you try to pair with these:Print
Frequently Asked Questions
How many calories are in Chicken Salad Chick broccoli salad?
1 serving (4 oz) of Chicken Salad Chick Broccoli Salad contains 170 calories
Does Chicken Salad Chick have mayonnaise?
Traditional. All white meat, shredded chicken, celery that has been thoroughly minced, mayonnaise, and our special seasoning
Does Chicken Salad Chick freeze well?
In the freezer, a chicken salad can survive up to three months. However, it’s usually suggested that you consume it within a month. After you’ve frozen the chicken salad, you’ll need to figure out how long it will keep.
Why does my chicken salad get watery?
If you add the celery or any other watery veggies before completely mixing the mayo and chicken, you’ll probably end up with a lot of additional liquid. … It’s possible that your creamy chicken salad will turn into a watery chicken salad as a result of this.
How Long Does Chicken Salad Chick last in the fridge?
Order Online & grab some Quick Chicks to keep your fridge stocked! Our chicken salads are made fresh and stocked in the Quick Chick daily, and good at home for 5+ days.
More Chicken Salad Chick Broccoli Salad Recipes To Try:
COPYCAT CHICKEN SALAD CHICK’S GRAPE SALAD
Copycat Grape Salad from Chicken Salad Chick —this stuff is like crack. It’s fantastic! Brown sugar and pecans are sprinkled over cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, sour cream, and grapes.
Brunch, baby showers, business potlucks, cookouts, tailgating, and holiday breakfasts are all good options. SO EASY and SO DELICIOUS! You may make this ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator.
Keto Broccoli Salad
Can broccoli be enjoyed by keto dieters? Oh, we’re well aware of this. It’s a nutritional powerhouse, with 1 cup of broccoli providing the same amount of vitamin C as an orange, not to mention fiber, potassium, and even protein.
But, more importantly, it tastes fantastic — as long as it’s prepared correctly. This dish is one of those right ways, in our opinion.