Apple Cider Vinegar Shot Recipe (Healthy Drink)
There are so many foods that are so good for us but taste so bad!
Apple cider vinegar is one of those drinks that has incredible benefits if consumed on a daily basis, but man, it’s hard to drink, am I right?
My dilemma is that when the ACV is diluted with a large amount of liquid, it is easier to handle, but who wants to drink an entire glass of bland vinegar?
I made this apple cider vinegar shot recipe that tastes like apple pie to make it bearable.
There are hints of cinnamon, vanilla, and apple juice mixed in with the apple cider vinegar in shot form, so you can finish it all in one shot.
WHY YOU NEED THIS SHOT IN YOUR LIFE?
- Because water is never counted as an ingredient, you only need three.
- There’s no need to waste time trying to get honey to dissolve completely.
- There are no added sugars other than those found naturally in apple juice.
- It is a quick way to get apple cider vinegar into your system without having to drink anything.
- Without the added sugar found in most ACV shots, such as honey, this shot is Whole30 compliant if you use the right apple juice.
WHAT ARE APPLE CIDER VINEGAR SHOTS?
Apple Cider Vinegar Shots are a quick 1-2 ounce shot of flavored liquid plus a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar.
Not only will the vinegar be diluted by other liquids and flavors, but it will not come into contact with your teeth, which can be damaged by vinegar.
INGREDIENT NOTES AND SUBSTITUTIONS
This is the simplest recipe in the world. What you’ll need is as follows:
- Apple Cider Vinegar with Mother- Look for organic apple cider vinegar that includes the mother. This vinegar will be unfiltered. Organic is preferred because research indicates that it has a higher acetic acide profile. The benefits of ACV are derived from acetic acid.
- Apple Juice– Look for apple juice with no added sugar and that is not from concentrate. RW Knudsen is a favorite of mine, and he’s fairly easy to find.
- Cinnamon– a dash of cinnamon is optional but enhances the flavor, similar to apple pie! Cinnamon also has metabolism-boosting properties and contains high levels of polyphenol antioxidants.
HOW TO MAKE AN APPLE CIDER VINEGAR DRINK?
- To make an apple cider vinegar drink, all you need is organic apple cider vinegar and water.
- I like to sweeten this with liquid stevia, but you could also use honey or another sweetener of your choice.
- I like to add fresh lemon juice to this apple cider vinegar drink to make it taste like lemonade.
- Lemons have their own set of health benefits, including a mood boost.
APPLE CIDER VINEGAR BENEFITS
Other Drink Recipes to Try
- 29 Oh-So-Delicious Dinner Ideas for Hot Summer Nights Here
- Gingerbread Smoothie (Protein Shake Recipe)
- Spinach Flax Protein Smoothie Recipe (Must Try!)
- 40 Healthy and Quick Lunch Ideas That Will Make Your Day Click Here
So, why would you want to consume Apple Cider Vinegar in the first place? There are numerous advantages to using this healing elixir, including:
- Reduces Blood Sugar
- Kills Bacterial Pathogens
- Improves Digestion: by encouraging the growth of beneficial gut bacteria and the production of stomach acid.
- Reduces Cholesterol
- Reduces Seasonal Allergies
- When applied topically, it removes dandruff.
WHEN SHOULD I DRINK THIS ACV SHOT?
This is a problem that can only be solved through trial and error.
Some people have difficulty tolerating ACV on an empty stomach, while others prefer to take it on an empty stomach because they believe it jumpstarts their digestion, which is proven to be true!
My preferred time to take ACV shots is about 30 minutes after my first meal.
This way, my food has already begun to digest, so there isn’t anything in my stomach, but there isn’t a full day’s worth of food to compete with either.
That way, I don’t get a stomach ache while still benefiting from digestion for the rest of the day.
HOW MUCH APPLE CIDER VINEGAR TO DRINK?
- Take one or two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar daily for three months to lose weight.
- Drink one to two tablespoons with a glass of water before meals to improve digestion.
- Take four teaspoons of apple cider vinegar (diluted in water) before meals to significantly reduce blood sugar levels after eating.
- To aid in the treatment of Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, take one tablespoon with 7 ounces of water immediately after dinner for improved hormone levels and more regular periods.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much apple cider vinegar should you drink a day?
The precise dosages will, of course, vary depending on your goal or condition. Most studies recommend 1-2 tablespoons per day.
Can you drink apple cider vinegar straight?
You should not do so. It is damaging to your teeth and the lining of your esophagus. It is best to dilute first, then add more water.
Are there side effects from ACV?
First and foremost, always consult your doctor. Second, there are few risks associated with consuming 1-2 tablespoons per day. As previously stated, apple cider vinegar can have an effect on your blood sugar levels as well as your potassium levels.
How do you take apple cider vinegar shots?
Apple cider vinegar can help manage blood sugar levels, alleviate PCOS symptoms, and promote weight loss. 1–2 tablespoons (15–30 mL) mixed with water, taken before or after meals, is a typical dose. There is no evidence to back up claims that it can improve digestion and prevent heart disease, cancer, or infection.
Apple Cider Vinegar Shot Recipe
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 minutes
- Total Time: 4 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
Sweet and sour apple cider vinegar shots to help with weight loss and a healthy body.
- 4 tablespoons warm water this is for mixing in the honey, so not lukewarm
- 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- pinch of ground ginger
- Combine warm water and honey in a mason jar, and stir or shake until the honey dissolves. You may need to slightly increase the temperature of the water. Combine the lemon juice, vinegar, and a pinch of ginger in a mixing bowl. Cover the mason jar with a lid or stir it in a glass. Warm or chilled, serve in two shot glasses.
This results in two shots. Drink up to 2-3 times per day and wash down with 6-8 ounces of water. Rinse your teeth with water as well. Refrigerate the reserve for the best flavor.
- Category: Drinks
- Method: None
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 2 servings
- Calories: 37kcal
- Sugar: 1mg
- Sodium: 1mg
- Fat: 1g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 9g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 1g
- Cholesterol: 49mg
Keywords: Apple cide vinegar shot, apple cider vinegar drink, diet drink, apple cider drink recipe, apple cider