Chili’s potato soup is a favorite of many Americans, especially those who are often on the go. It’s simple to make and delightful to eat. This tasty side dish can be eaten on its own or paired with grilled chicken or steak for a complete dinner.
FREE Get Yours Today!
3 Secrets to Ease Your Cooking
A delicious creamy soup with potatoes, bacon, and cheese! I’m sure I’m not alone in my desire for Chili’s baked potato soup (especially during the fall season). It’s the greatest baked potato recipe out there.
It has a lot of cheese, bacon, and herbs in it. Chili’s baked potato soup is simple to make at home. It’s a delicious and healthful way to serve baked potatoes that everyone enjoys.
Baked potatoes are mashed and combined with cream, roux (flour and onion), chicken stock, and butter in Chili’s baked potato soup. You can season the soup to your liking with salt and pepper.
It’s extremely creamy and silky. You can change the flavor by adding more spices. Stick to the directions below if you want it to taste exactly like Chili’s baked potato soup.
Is chilis baked potato soup vegan
To be clear, in my area, chilis do not offer this option on the menu, but you can simply ask the chef or any other employee if they can make vegan potato soup, and I am confident they would, and if they cannot, simply go home and make it yourself
ALTERNATIVE VIDEO: Best Chili’s Baked Potato Soup
- Air Fryer Spaghetti Squash Recipe (Healthy+Low Cal)
- Bamboo Shoots for Ramen Recipe (Menma)
- Microwave Acorn Squash Recipe (Super fast and easy)
Why is my potato soup not thickening
I’m sure you’ve made a mistake; to thicken the potato soup, follow these steps:
- Add 2 cups of water and 4 cups of chicken stock instead of 4 cups of water and 4 cups of chicken stock.
- Allow them to heat until they begin to boil, then add your potato. Make sure the potato is sliced into little pieces; you may even mash it if desired.
- Allow it to cook for 15–25 minutes, stirring occasionally to ensure even cooking. At this point, the water will begin to evaporate, so check the thickness.
As you can see, it’s a simple process that will result in a delicious potato soup.
What Equipment Will You Need For Chili’s Baked Potato Soup?
- Bowl– To mash the potatoes or keep the ingredients like diced potatoes and onions together, use a big mixing basin.
- Saucepan– In a saucepan, sauté the onions. To create the soup, you’ll need a saucepan.
- Using a spatula, safely mix in all of the ingredients in the saucepan.
- Using a spoon, add cream or other ingredients to the pan.
- Hand masher– Mash the potatoes for the soup with a hand masher.
- Without an oven, you can bake the potatoes. Without an oven, this recipe isn’t complete.
How Will Chili’s Baked Potato Soup Look and Taste?
The baked potato soup from Chili’s is ready! Isn’t it amazing how simple it is to make a restaurant-style soup? It’s made using half-and-half and mashed potatoes, and it’s delicious. Its creamy texture and flavor are enhanced by the addition of butter. It has a salt and pepper flavor with a hint of herbal scent from thyme and parsley. This soup gets a boost of flavor and pleasure from the crispy bacon and cheddar cheese on top.
What Ingredients Will You Need For Chili’s Baked Potato Soup?
- Potatoes: This recipe calls for two medium-sized potatoes. Russet potatoes were utilized. For this soup, you can use any sort of potato you choose.
- 3 tablespoons butter: Saute the onions in 3 tablespoons butter. Butter cooks the vegetables and gives the soup an additional buttery flavor.
- Onion– Use a cup of chopped white onions in this recipe. White onions have a slight sweetness to them.
- Flour– To prepare a roux, you’ll need around two teaspoons of flour. The roux thickens and gives the soup a wonderful texture.
- Chicken Stock– To add more flavor to the soup, add four cups of chicken stock.
- Water– If the soup is too thick, add two cups of water.
- Cornstarch is the most commonly used thickening agent. This recipe calls for one-fourth cup of cornstarch.
- Mashed Potatoes– For baked potato soup, you’ll need instant mashed potatoes.
- Salt– A teaspoon of salt will improve the soup’s flavor.
- Pepper– Add pepper to the soup to give it a kick.
- Basil and thyme– Basil and thyme give the soup a herbal flavor.
- Half-and-half-Use one cup half-and-half to give the soup a beautiful, smooth texture.
- Cheddar Cheese– Add a half cup of shredded cheddar cheese to the soup as a garnish.
- Bacon– To garnish baked potato soup, use a quarter cup of cooked and crumbled bacon.
- Green Onions– To garnish the soup, chop two green onions.
Steps To Make Chili’s Baked Potato Soup
1. Mash Potatoes And Saute Onions
In a preheated oven, bake the potatoes for about an hour (400 F). Remove them from the oven and allow them to cool. In a saucepan, melt the butter and add the onions. Cook the onions until they are golden brown. To form a roux, add flour to the saucepan and stir to combine.
2. Add All Ingredients To The Pan
Water, corn starch, stock, mashed potatoes, and spices should all be added to the pan. Bring the mixture to a boil, then turn it down. Allow for a 5-minute simmering period. Combine the chopped baked potatoes and half-and-half in a mixing bowl. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a low heat and cook for about 15 minutes, or until the soup is thick.
Place the soup in a bowl and top with cheddar cheese. Serve garnished with half a teaspoon of bacon and chopped green onion.
Best Topping For Homemade chili’s Potato Soup
Is not necessary to top your potato soup but as you know will be tastier when you add a few stuff just check the list:
- Cooked Bacon
- Chopped Green onion
- chopped carrot
- diced green pepper
- chopped parsley
- cooked and diced chicken
- sardine fresh or canned sardine goes well with it.
This soup can be the main dish or a tempting beginning. The Best Chili’s Baked Potato Soup pairs wonderfully with corn on the cob, grilled greens like asparagus, Brussel sprouts, or even broccoli if served as an entrée. Make a substantial dish with it and these green beans.
It’s also a terrific side dish for sandwiches and goes well with garlic bread and cornbread.Print
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the best potatoes for potato soup?
We suggest using a starchy potato such as Yukon gold, fingerling, or russet potato for a creamier-based soup. Sweet potatoes are great for soups to add flavor and color. Waxy potatoes such as new and red potatoes are wonderful in hearty stews.
Why does my potato soup taste sour?
Acidic substances cause sourness (including tomatoes, wine and vinegar). If your dish is excessively acidic, add sweetness with sugar, honey (which is good for you! ), cream, or even caramelized onions. You can also make the dish more diluted (same as you would with a dish with too much salt).
What goes best with potato soup?
What goes well with a bowl of potato soup? Aside from the obvious bread or dinner rolls, potato soup pairs well with a variety of other side dishes. Beans, salad, corn, ham, vegetables, coleslaw, and sandwiches are all delicious choices.
Why does cream separate in soup?
Fat, proteins, and water are the three primary components of dairy. When the proteins in a sauce denature and bond together, they separate from the water and tighten into curds. … Sauces can curdle when cooked at high temperatures; the safest approach is to cook them low and slow. A dairy-based sauce should never be allowed to boil.
More Potato Soup Recipes to try:
Ultimate Loaded Baked Potato Soup
Ultimate Loaded Baked Potato Soup with tender potato chunks, fresh sharp cheddar cheese, crispy bacon, and green onion for garnish!
Ultimate Loaded Baked Potato Soup tastes just like a fully loaded baked potato, except it’s served in a creamy bowl with all of your favorite baked potato toppings! This is one of the best fall soups, and we cook it year after year to great acclaim.
Green Chile Potato Soup
Green Chile Potato Soup is a soup that is truly wonderful. It’s thick and creamy, yet with just enough chile flavor to take it to the next level. You’d almost surely assume there’s a pound of cheddar cheese in it if I served it to you blindfolded. It has an incredible creamy texture that makes you feel like you’re eating a thick cheddar soup.