Do you want a quick, warm, and filling meal? Frozen pot pie in the air fryer could be delicious!
This air fryer frozen pot pie is ready in about 25 minutes and packed with tasty, thick filling like meat, potatoes, and veggies!
ARE BANQUET POT PIES PRECOOKED?
Yes, but also no! Because all of the ingredients in the pie have been pre-cooked except for the crust, which has not been cooked.
Some of these pot pies have instructions on the package that tell you whether to cook them in the microwave or the oven.
However, because we have an air fryer, we will use it in addition to the microwave to cook our Banquet Pot Pie.
Simply follow the instructions provided below, and you will have a delicious pot pie.
BENEFITS OF COOKING IN AIR FRYER:
Why would you make pot pie in an air fryer? Apart from my general obsession with air frying things (ha! ), here are some of my motivations:
- Doesn’t heat up the house: I know I don’t want to turn on the oven to make a pot pie when it’s hot outside. The air fryer does not heat up the kitchen in the same way that an oven does.
- Pot pies are a quick and easy main dish option for busy weeknights. With a couple of vegetable side dishes, you’ve got yourself a complete meal.
- Crisp crust: You can cook pot pies in the microwave much faster, but the crust will not crisp. The crust on air fryer pot pies is crispy and not soggy. (You’d also have to take your pot pie out of its metal pie man before microwaving it, which would dirty another pan.)
- Pot pies are a delicious family-friendly meal that many children enjoy. (I know I ate my fair share of pot pies as a kid in the 1980s!) This one is sure to take some adults back in time.
CAN YOU COOK A FROZEN BANQUET POT PIE IN AN AIR FRYER?
Yes, you can certainly cook your frozen Banquet pot pie in your air fryer, and I’m confident the results will be a delicious and tasty Banquet Pot Pie.
Whatever frozen chicken pot pie, frozen turkey pot pie, or frozen veggie pot pie you choose, the method is the same and will work for all of them; simply follow the steps below.
HOW TO MAKE FROZEN POT PIE IN AIR FRYER?
- Preheat the air fryer for 5 minutes at 375°F (190°C). Remove any plastic wrap and packaging from your pot pie.
- You can serve it in the aluminum pie pan that came with it. I’m making a pot pie with a top crust in an aluminum pan. Keep in mind that if your pot pie has a bottom crust and is in a paper pie plate, it will cook differently.
- There is no need to cut vent holes in the pot pie crust. Simply place it on your hot air fryer tray or basket and cover with foil.
- I prefer to completely cover the top of the pot pie with foil, rather than just the crust’s edges. In my opinion, the finished cooked pot pie looks better when the entire pie is wrapped, as it has more even browning.
- Place the pot pie in the air fryer to cook. If you have an air fryer, place the pot pie in the center of the oven.
- 7u76y m
SHOULD I THAW FROZEN BANQUET POT PIE BEFORE AIR FRYING?
No way, it’s supposed to cook from rock hard frozen to tender and warm.
If you defrost the pot pie first, the crust will have a completely different texture, and believe me, it’s not a good one.
You’ll notice that your pot pie has become mushy, especially on the underside.
CAN YOU PUT ALUMINUM FOIL IN AN AIR FRYER?
Yes, you can use aluminum foil in your air fryer, but it isn’t always the best option because it can be harmful in a variety of situations.
Aluminum foil is perfectly safe to use in an air fryer, but it should only be used in the basket.
This is because acidic foods react with aluminum, which is not good for you. As a result, avoid using it with ingredients such as tomatoes and citrus.
IS THE CHICKEN IN FROZEN POT PIES PRECOOKED?
In many cases, people will believe that a raw meat product is already cooked, or that they have followed instructions that require them to allow their food to sit for several minutes before being prodded repeatedly with a thermometer.
The chicken cubes in the pot pies were pre-cooked in whatever brand you use, in our case Banquet Chicken, but the vegetables and dough were not.
ARE FROZEN POT PIES HEALTHY?
Frozen chicken pot pies in general have a lot of sodium, fat, and cholesterol, but they’re not all that bad for you.
Assuming you eat a reasonably balanced diet, as most people do, the frozen chicken pot pies will be just fine for you!
However, if you exercise or eat a reasonably balanced diet, frozen chicken pot pies are relatively healthy.
It’s best to eat air-fried pot pies while they’re still hot and fresh. These pot pies are typically served in “personal-sized” portions.
Leftovers can be covered and refrigerated, but the inner broth/filling may cause the crust to become mushy quickly.
Before you start making an air fryer pot pie, go over these recipe tips and substitutions so you know what you’re up against (don’t worry, it’s simple!).
- It is not necessary to defrost the frozen pot pie first. Simply place the frozen pot pie in the air fryer that has been preheated.
- Swanson brand frozen chicken pot pie was used in the air fryer (a popular frozen food brand). There are other brands and fillings (such as beef or veggie) to choose from. Remember that the cooking time may vary slightly.
- Our pot pie weighed 7 ounces, so the total cooking time will vary depending on the size of the pot pie.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you put a frozen pot pie in the air fryer?
Fill the air fryer halfway with frozen pot pie. Preheat the air fryer to 350°F (180°C). The pot pie’s top will be slightly browned and crispy. Cook the frozen pot pie for 19-23 minutes, or until fully heated through and the crust is slightly crispy.
Can you put Banquet meals in the air fryer?
Yes, including TV dinners and Lean Cuisines, you can cook ready meals in an air fryer! Welcome to my ultimate guide to cooking TV dinners in the air fryer. Learn how to make Hungry Man dinners, Banquet Mega Bowls, Amy’s frozen vegetarian meals, and other delicious dishes. You’ll appreciate how simple it is to prepare air fryer frozen dinners!
Can you put chicken pot pie in the air fryer?
Begin by preheating your air fryer for 5 minutes at 350 degrees F. Set your pot pie in the oven for 15 minutes to air fry. Then, for another 2-4 minutes, raise the temperature to 400 degrees F. Plate, serve, and have fun!
How long do you cook a pie in an air fryer?
Cook for 18-23 minutes at 320 degrees F using the air fry feature. The top of the pie crust should be golden brown, and the bottom should be cooked. After it has finished cooking, sprinkle with brown sugar, white sugar, powdered sugar, or another dash of the cinnamon and sugar mixture.