Gigi Hadid Pasta is creamy, cheesy, spicy, and delicious, and it’s gone viral on the internet. Model Gigi Hadid may be most recognized for her runway skills, but she also knows how to cook.
FREE Get Yours Today!
3 Secrets to Ease Your Cooking
Her simple spaghetti recipe became viral after she shared it on Tiktok and Instagram, and I can assure you that it is well worth the buzz. To learn how to prepare Gigi Hadid’s Spicy Vodka Sauce, keep reading (spice and vodka optional).
The recipe was given by Gigi Hadid during the spring 2020 lockdown, when everyone was looking to improve their cooking skills. But, since the dish became a permanent fixture in the diets of many of her fans, it’s safe to conclude that this viral dish is more than simply a trend. I’ll show you how to make the original recipe as well as how to tweak it to fit your dinner guests’ preferences and diets!
WHY ALL THE HYPE OVER GIGI HADID PASTA?
Before we came face to face with this creamy vodka spaghetti, we had no idea who Gigi Hadid was. She appears to be a model with a passion for cooking.
She made this vodka pasta a few months ago and shared the recipe on Instagram, and since then, people all over the internet have been raving about how delicious it is.
The vodka sauce is delectable on its own. Imagine a rich, creamy, tomatoee sauce with a smidgeon of spice. It’s just too much to bear, so you keep eating until you’ve licked the last of the delicious sauce.
You can make this with vodka, as in the original vodka sauce recipe, or without it, like Gigi did (she didn’t use it in hers, but it’s advised if you have some).
This spaghetti comes together quickly. Dinner will be served in 30 minutes and will be enjoyed by the entire family. It certainly lives up to the hype, in our opinion.
WHAT IS GIGI HADID PASTA?
Gigi Hadid has already stated that she enjoys cooking, so when she released her simple recipe for “Yummy + Easy Spicy Vodka Sauce,” fans were overjoyed. It’s a quick and delicious pasta dish with a savory sauce made with relatively few ingredients.
Alternative Video Recipe: Gigi Hadid’s Pasta
- Quick & Healthy Green Pasta Sauce Recipe Here
- Easy Buffalo Chicken Pasta Bake Recipe (So Delicious!)
- Best Ever Creamy Cavatappi Pasta Recipe (Mouth Watering!)
INGREDIENTS & SUBSTITUTES
- Shells Pasta: In her original recipe, Gigi used Orecchiette, a sort of shell pasta. They’re a terrific choice because they’ll properly cup the sauce.
- Olive Oil: This recipe has been tweaked to use less olive oil than the original, but feel free to use more if you want.
- Garlic: Gigi adds one garlic clove to the sauce. You may either mince it yourself or buy it already minced.
- Shallot: One shallot has to be minced. Here’s a wonderful opportunity to put another viral trend to the test! To keep from sobbing when chopping your shallot, place a damp paper towel on your cutting board.
- Red Pepper Flakes: While Gigi prefers her sauce spicy, it is entirely optional.
- Tomato Paste: This recipe does not use bottled sauce. Gigi starts with tomato paste and adds other ingredients to thin it down into a sauce. It’s pretty simple to locate, and any brand will suffice.
- Heavy Cream: It will thicken your sauce while keeping it creamy. If you prefer, you can use milk instead.
- Salt & Pepper: for seasoning.
- Vodka: While this is a Vodka Sauce, the vodka is completely optional; it will evaporate during the cooking process anyhow. Gigi didn’t use any vodka in her popular video because she didn’t have any, so don’t feel terrible if you don’t have any.
- Butter: It reduces the acidity of the tomatoes, resulting in a silky, creamy sauce. Instead of butter, use margarine or vegan butter to make a vegan sauce.
- Parmesan Cheese: Freshly grated parmesan gives the best flavor, but pre-grated cheese also works well.
- Basil:Fresh basil, chopped, is the perfect garnish for your final plate of spaghetti, adding a splash of color.
HOW TO MAKE GIGI HADID PASTA
STEP 1: COOK THE PASTA
- Add a pinch of salt to a big saucepan of water and bring to a boil.
- Cook until the pasta is al dente. (When the pasta is done, strain it, reserving 1/2 cup of the pasta water.)
STEP 2: MAKE GIGI HADID SAUCE
- In a large skillet over medium heat, combine the oil, garlic, and shallot. Cook until the mixture is aromatic.
- Add the tomato paste and red pepper flakes. Cook for approximately 2 minutes.
- Combine the heavy cream, vodka sauce, salt, and pepper in a mixing bowl. Reduce the heat to low and cook for around 10-15 minutes.
- Allow the butter to melt in the sauce. Combine the butter and the sauce in a mixing bowl.
STEP 3: MIX EVERYTHING
- In the same skillet, add the pasta and the reserved pasta water.
- Cook on medium heat until the sauce has thickened, then add the Parmesan cheese.
- Remove the pan from the heat. Add chopped basil, extra parmesan cheese, and red pepper flakes to finish. Serve and have fun!
TIPS & TRICKS FOR THE GIGI HADID VODKA PASTA
- Cook your pasta until it is al dente. Even more so than usual, because once added to the sauce, it will continue to cook.
- You can omit the vodka if you like. If you have an open bottle and aren’t afraid of putting alcohol in a hot pan, it’s a terrific component. However, it isn’t required to make a wonderful sauce, so don’t get too worked up about it.
- Increase or decrease the temperature. If you like spicy cuisine, add additional Red Pepper Flakes, or leave them out entirely if you have a low heat tolerance.
WHAT KIND OF PASTA DOES GIGI HADID USE?
Gigi Hadid wears Orecchiette, a type of pasta shell. They’re ideal for pasta recipes where the sauce is the main attraction. However, you are free to use whichever pasta you like because this sauce mixes well with all spaghetti noodles.
WHY DO YOU ADD VODKA TO PASTA?
Adding Vodka to your spaghetti may seem strange, especially if it just boils out. However, the alcohol has a purpose in the sauce, even if the recipe can be made without it. Its sole purpose is to enhance the flavor of your sauce.
For starters, it acts as a binder, keeping the cream in the sauce from separating. Second, alcohol is a terrific solvent in general, and it will extract the smells of the various ingredients, giving your sauce more depth.
HOW TO MAKE GIGI HADID PASTA WITHOUT VODKA?
If you don’t have vodka on hand, like Gigi did when she first shared the recipe, or simply don’t want to use it, skipping it is straightforward. You don’t need to use anything else in its stead; simply omit the vodka out of your recipe.
CAN YOU MAKE GIGI HADID PASTA WITHOUT HEAVY CREAM?
This sauce has a velvety texture thanks to the heavy cream, but if you have milk on hand, you can easily substitute it. This sauce will still have a smoothness to it if you use 2 percent dairy milk, but it will be considerably lighter. Some diets will benefit from dairy-free milk replacements; however, avoid adding anything with a flavor you don’t want in your sauce (unless you’re looking for Spicy Coconut Vodka Sauce).Print
Frequently Asked Questions
What pasta does Gigi Hadid use?
Penne alla Vodka is essentially the same approach and dish, but using penne pasta instead of spaghetti. But any pasta can do – orecchiette, spaghetti, bow ties, rotini, etc.
What is special about Gigi Hadid pasta?
Gigi Hadid Pasta: What Is It? Simple… Gigi Hadid’s pasta, which went viral on instagram and tiktok and destroyed the internet. If you look closely, it’s the same delectable creamy and cheesy pasta alla vodka, but with a tiny twist: red chili flakes add a nice kick of heat.
Is the Gigi Hadid pasta good?
Now that I’ve had my version of the recipe, as well as days’ worth of leftovers, I can firmly declare that it’s a fantastic pasta dish. It’s saucy, spicy, and cheesy, and it’s everything a pasta dish should be.
How much vodka is in Gigi Hadid pasta?
1 tablespoon vodka, cooked until almost all of it has evaporated (If you wish, you can omit the vodka entirely.) Stir in 1/2 cup heavy cream. 1 teaspoon chili flakes (or more if you prefer it spicier)
How do you make Gigi Hadid pasta without heavy cream?
I used a combination of unsweetened almond milk (you could also use cashew or soy milk) and refrigerated coconut milk in place of cream. Finally, instead of parmesan cheese, I finished my pasta with nutritional yeast, which added the right cheesy flavor.
How much vodka is in Gigi Hadid pasta?
Cook until the vodka almost evaporates, about 1 tablespoon at a time. (If you prefer, you can omit the vodka entirely.) Stir in 1/2 cup heavy cream. 1 teaspoon chili flakes, or more if you prefer it hotter.
Can you make Gigi Hadid pasta with milk?
Is it possible to make Gigi Hadid Pasta without heavy cream? Heavy cream lends a velvety texture to this sauce, but if you have milk on hand, you can easily substitute it. Dairy milk, even 2%, will add a creaminess to this sauce, albeit a much lighter one.
More Pasta Recipes to try!
BEEF TACO PASTA
This Beef Taco Pasta is a homemade version of your favorite boxed childhood dinner with a southwest twist. All in one bowl, it has ground beef, a cheesy tomato sauce, green chiles, pasta, a healthy dose of taco seasoning, and tons of delicious comfort. Plus, it all cooks in one pot, making dinner time quick and easy.
ONE POT CHEESEBURGER PASTA
You already know how much I enjoy experimenting with flavors, but every now and then I crave straight-up American comfort food, such as cheeseburgers. When that craving hit this week, I decided to make a cheeseburger flavored pasta, which gives me all of the cheeseburger flavor while using a lot less actual burger.
Because when meat is one of the most expensive items at the grocery store, you have to find any way to stretch it. That is exactly what this One Pot Cheeseburger Pasta does. If you liked Hamburger Helper as a kid, you’re going to love this homemade version even more!