One of the most popular comfort foods to prepare for dinner is classic meatloaf. Always a family favorite and quite easy to prepare.
This is a simple BBQ meatloaf dish with a tasty barbeque coating. Delicious baked meatloaf that is moist, savory, and ready in under an hour!
- Delicious Baked Beef Ribs Recipe
- Famous Baked Salmon In Foil Recipe
- Juicy and Tasty Air Fryer BBQ Chicken
BBQ Meatloaf is packed with sautéed peppers, onions, and garlic and basted with barbeque sauce created from scratch. Grilled or baked, this dish is delicious. A delicious gluten-free meal for the whole family!
HOW TO MAKE BBQ MEATLOAF:
- Add olive oil, chopped onion, minced garlic and chopped red bell peppers to a saucepan and cook over medium heat until vegetables are softened
- In a large mixing bowl, combine lean ground beef, 2 beaten eggs, sautéd veggies, Italian seasonings, granulated garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Mix everything together until it’s completely smooth.
- Form into a loaf and place on a baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- Prepare grill to 300- 325° or oven to 375°
- Cooking time is 25 minutes. Brush on a thick layer of homemade barbecue sauce.
- Cook for another 30-45 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.
- Allow it rest for 10 minutes before slicing after removing from the grill or oven.
How long does it take to cook meatloaf at 350 degrees?
Please keep in mind that cooking times may vary. This is dependent on a number of things, including the size of the meatloaf, the size of your oven, your altitude, and what you use to bake it in/on.
As a result, when baking your meatloaf for the first time, it’s important to keep an eye on it.
This is a one-pound meatloaf that I bake in the middle of the oven for about 50 minutes in an oven-proof glass container (N.B.: This BBQ meatloaf recipe was developed at a sea level).
Use a food thermometer to check the internal temperature of your BBQ meatloaf if you’re not sure if it’s done
DELICIOUS SIDE DISHES TO SERVE WITH MEATLOAF:
- Garlic Mashed Potatoes are a traditional side dish for meatloaf. So rich and decadent!
- Potato gratin is rich and creamy, with plenty of cheese. It’s one of my favorite potato dishes, and it goes great with meatloaf.
- Fried okra is a southern delicacy that pairs well with comfort food.
- Bacon White Cheddar Pasta is a simple homemade mac and cheese made with extra sharp cheddar cheese and bacon.
- Almond Green Beans are a traditional vegetable to serve with meatloaf. These green beans are made much more delicious with the addition of roasted almonds.
- Yeast Rolls are a simple handmade roll that may be served with almost any meal. Even if you aren’t a pro at yeast baking, this is a breeze.
What to do with Leftovers
One of my favorite things to eat for lunch is a leftover meatloaf sandwich.
But, if you find you’ve really made too much, you can wrap it and freeze your leftovers. Heat in the microwave for a quick lunch.
Or, break up the cooked meatloaf and put in tacos!Print
Frequently Asked Questions
What is meatloaf glaze made of?
A sauce made with ketchup, brown sugar, garlic and onion powder, salt, pepper, and vinegar is tempting. The glaze caramelizes as it bakes, and it’s delicious!
How do you make a glaze for BBQ sauce?
According to Livestrong, you can make a glaze out of any sauce or liquid by gently heating it to lower the water content and thicken it as the water evaporates; however, this is actually simply a reduction — a thicker sauce with concentrated flavors, as Olive Nation claims.
How do you keep the meatloaf moist when cooking?
Consider adding some ground pig and/or veal to a meatloaf made with leaner beef or turkey to get a moist, tender meatloaf. Bacon, chopped and added to the mix, is always a good way to add fat. Oh, and smothering it in bacon is always a good idea.
Can you use BBQ sauce as a marinade?
BBQ sauces enhance the flavor and texture of meat both during and after grilling. BBQ sauces can be used as a marinade or as a meat dipping sauce during a meal.
Is it better to cook meatloaf covered or uncovered?
We think it is better to cook the meatloaf covered, until the end. Cover a single big meatloaf with aluminum foil while cooking to keep it moist, but leave it uncovered for the final 15 minutes of baking. “Meatloaf is ideal for freezing raw for later cooking or cooking and freezing for later reheating.”
Why do you add egg to meatloaf?
This is the reason to add eggs to meatloaf. Eggs are used in almost every meatloaf recipe and serve two functions. Egg yolks, which are primarily water but have some protein and fat, offer flavor, richness, and moisture. They also aid in the binding of the meat and the formation of a stable loaf without the need to overwork the meat.
What ingredient keeps meatloaf from falling apart?
There could be a number of reasons why your meatloaf crumbles. The most prevalent cause is a lack of binding agents in your meatloaf. Add items like eggs and bread crumbs to your meatloaf to help it stay together because these are crucial elements that bind the meat together.
Check out these
Alternative BBQ meatloaf recipe:
BBQ meatloaf recipe with Oats
I’ve cooked this BBQ meatloaf recipe with Oats a couple of times now, and my husband has said he like it both times. I had company over the first time, and they liked it and requested for the recipe. However, I used a different brand of sauce than the Kraft original. We’ve determined that we don’t enjoy the taste of that particular brand and flavor. It’s also incredibly simple to create compared to other, more involved meatloaf recipes.
Sweet baby ray’s bbq meatloaf recipe
Yeah, I know…there are a lot of meatloaf recipes out there, but I guarantee this is one of the simplest with a lot of flavor! I got this from a Kraft recipe booklet that I received in the mail, and I’ve changed it a little. It’s pretty simple but delicious.
BBQ meatloaf with cheese
Read More Here
Cheesy BBQ Meatloaf with tangy barbecue sauce and loads of melted cheddar cheese is a quick and delectable dinner that the whole family will enjoy.
So, this cheddar BBQ meatloaf is a simple recipe that has become one of my family’s favorite dinners. It blends a spicy barbeque flavor for spice enthusiasts and plenty of cheesy delight for cheese lovers. In a nutshell, this makes everyone happy – at least for one night!