A Kirkland signature pre-cooked Costco Spiral ham is one of the best discounts you’ll find this year for your Christmas, Thanksgiving, or large family gathering.
FREE Get Yours Today!
3 Secrets to Ease Your Cooking
My goal for today is to provide you everything you need to know about Costco ham, including how to prepare it, store it, and serve it. In the comments section, feel free to ask any questions about Costco precooked items.
Is Costco Kirkland Spiral Ham Good?
Costco spiral hams are cut from a pig’s leg and roasted, brined, and sliced using the helix method shown in the picture before being distributed to stores. The Kirkland ham comes with a little package of glaze that can be used to cook and serve the ham.
The best part about Costco ham is that it’s already cooked, so all you have to do is pop it in the oven, drizzle it with glaze, and serve. A fantastic option for those with hectic schedules, especially on big occasions.
How Much Kirkland Spiral Ham In Costco
Costco sells Kirkland Spiral Ham for around $6.99 per kilogram. This is a good bargain for spiral ham from Costco. The price is affected by weight-based pricing; our ham cost $34.98. Kirkland hams typically weigh 9 pounds. It would cost around $28.53 in this case.
Alternative Video Recipe: Costco Smoked Ham
- Best Bahama Breeze Jerk Chicken Pasta Recipe ] (Must Try!)
- Delicious Cracker Barrel Meatloaf(Tender Juicy Recipe!)
- Delicious Air Fryer Bagel Bites Recipe (Must Try!)
How Many Servings In Costco Spiral Ham
Let’s suppose you got a 9-pound Kirkland spiral ham, which is roughly 114 ounces, so you’ll be able to feed about 12 people with 10 ounces each. Nonetheless, when served with salads, mashed potatoes, and rice, it can serve a large number of people. Prepare to have leftovers; just make sure they’re stored correctly.
Do you have to put a glaze on ham?
The glaze isn’t required to improve the taste of the Costco ham, but it’s worth it. It sweetens the ham and gives it a luscious texture that is quite tasty. However, if you made a different sauce or side dish for the Costco ham, you can save it and use it later. The end of manufacture date is printed on the glaze package, so utilize it before then.
How Long To Cook Costco Ham
Cook the ham at 275°F for about 15 minutes per pound of ham, according to the instructions on the Costco ham package. This implies the ham should cook for roughly 2 hours and 15 minutes total. Regrettably, those directions aren’t quite correct. You’ll see what I mean if you try roasting the Costco ham according to these directions.
As a result, if you plan to cook the whole ham at 350°F, it will take about 2 hours, and at 275°F, it would take about 3 hours. Cook at 350°F for around 1 hour 30 minutes, cover, and check the internal temperature often for optimal results. The interior temperature should be between 140 and 160 degrees Fahrenheit.
Important: Because the length depends on the temperature and efficiency of your oven, there is no way to tell the actual cooking time until you tie it yourself. The greatest rule is to check the temperature inside the house on a regular basis.
How To Cook Costco Ham In The Oven
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove the Ham from his package and wrap it in aluminum foil completely.
- Cook for 1 hour and 30 minutes, and after 1 hour, check the internal temperature often.
- Remove it from the oven and the foil when the internal temperature reaches 140°F to 160°F, and set it aside to cool for 15 minutes.
- Serve and have fun.
Note: Cooking Costco ham at 350°F is not required; you can cook it at a lower temperature as long as the internal temperature is attained.
How To Cook Costco Ham With Glaze
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove the ham from its package and completely cover it in aluminum foil.
- Check the interior temperature often after 1 hour of cooking. Cooking time is around 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Remove the ham from the oven and place it on a plate to cool.
- Pour the glaze mixture into a saucepan with 3 tablespoons of water for the glaze.
- Cook the glaze on medium heat for about 2 minutes, or until it begins to boil.
- Then drizzle the glaze over the ham, being sure to get between the pieces.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Preheat the oven at 350°F and bake the hum for about 10 minutes.
- Allow 10 minutes for it to cool before serving.
What To Serve With Costco Ham
Kirkland Spiral Ham from Costco can be used in a variety of dishes. You can build a sandwich with ham slices and serve it with rice, spaghetti, Chinese noodles, and so on. You’ll find various recipes for leftover Kirkland Costco Ham on the paper that comes with the package.
Ham can be served in a variety of ways, including with mashed potatoes and roasted vegetables including asparagus, carrots, cucumbers, and bell peppers. Alternatively, instead of glaze, use cranberry sauce and serve with a fresh salad.
How To Store Kirkland spiral Ham
- Costco ham can be kept in the refrigerator until the end of the manufacturing date if it hasn’t been opened. If you have leftover Costco spiral ham after baking it, wrap it in plastic wrap and store it in the refrigerator. If properly stored, the baked Kirkland ham will last 3 to 5 days in the refrigerator.
- Kirkland Ham can be frozen for up to 3 months after baking. Make sure to portion it up and freeze it in zip-top freezer bags.
- Kirkland Ham can be defrosted in the fridge in 24 to 36 hours or in a warm water bath in 24 to 36 hours.
- You may either reheat the ham in the oven or in the microwave after it has been defrosted.
More Ham Glaze Ideas
- I use the ham glaze recipe at the bottom of this post the most. 1/2 cup jam, 1 cup brown sugar, and a tablespoon of mustard are used in this recipe. It adds a lot of flavor to the ham and is quite simple to create. You could also use a smidgeon of bourbon. For your Christmas ham, cranberry sauce can be substituted for the jam.
- Replace the jam with 1/4 cup orange juice in a variant of the simple recipe above.
- If you’re in a hurry, another quick ham glaze recipe is equal parts maple syrup and brown sugar, followed by Dijon mustard to taste – it couldn’t be easier, and it’s fantastic!
- Try adding some chopped chipotle chiles in adobo to any of these ham glaze recipes if you want sweet flavors with a hint of heat and smokiness. I start with 2 tablespoons and adjust the amount to taste.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to cook Costco Spiral Ham Without Drying it Out?
Wrap the Kirkland spiral ham in foil and bake according to the package instructions. The foil will keep the ham moist and prevent it from drying out.
How long is Costco spiral ham good for?
The spiral ham from Costco has a use-by date of 7-10 days on the label. Keep it refrigerated or frozen at this time to extend its shelf life.
Can you freeze a Costco spiral ham?
Yes, you can freeze Costco spiral ham, cooked or uncooked, for up to three months.
How long does it take to cook an 11 lbs spiral ham?
The 11 pound Costco spiral ham will take around 2 hours and 45 minutes to cook entirely if you follow the instructions. However, it normally takes a little longer.
Do you have to cook a fully cooked spiral ham?
Without warming, spiral-sliced ham is safe to eat. If you want to serve it warm, be sure it doesn’t dry out. Cover it tightly with heavy foil and bake it at 325 degrees for 10 minutes each pound, or until it reaches 140 degrees.
More Recipes to try!
SLICE SPIRAL HAM RECIPES
Using a spiral-cut ham and glazing it with this glaze results in a tasty ham with a sweet, aromatic coating. The use of a water bath to raise the temperature of the ham before cooking and then an oven bag to cook the ham (both procedures adopted from Cook’s Illustrated) ensures that every slice is moist and tasty.
Maple Glazed Ham in an Electric Roaster
The tempting aroma of a ham roasting in the oven will undoubtedly conjure up fond holiday memories. Ham is one of the easiest and most popular special occasion meals, whether it’s for Easter, Christmas, or Sunday supper.
Maple glazed ham in an electric roaster oven is my go-to recipe for special occasions. The maple glaze offers just enough sweetness to balance out the spicy, smoky flavor of the spiral ham.