EASY CRISPY OVEN BAKED CHICKEN FILLET  – So yummy!
Crispy, crispy Oven Baked Chicken Fillets will change your life! Chicken breast fillets are covered with a golden parmesan panko crumb after being steeped in lemon garlic aromas.
There’s no mess, no flour, and no deep-frying required! This restaurant-quality meal is simple to prepare and a hit with both children and adults!
Bye-bye, tasteless, dry chicken breasts! On the interior, these fillets are juicy and flavorful, while the outside is encrusted with a delicious, crispy coating.
Serve with mashed potatoes and vegetables, or cut into strips for salads or pasta dishes. These tasty fillets can be prepared in a variety of ways.
- Crispy Air Fryer Turkey Bacon
- Delicious Air Fryer Grilled Cheese Recipe (So Easy!)
- Delicious Baked Beef Ribs Recipe
WHAT’S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN CHICKEN BREAST AND FILLET?
The skinless, boneless, meaty section of the chicken breast, chopped into thinner pieces, is called a fillet. You have the option of buying fillets or cutting them yourself.
Alternative Video: ANABOLIC CRISPY OVEN FRIED CHICKEN
HOW LONG DO YOU COOK CHICKEN FILLETS?
Because these chicken fillets are significantly thinner than ordinary chicken breasts, they will cook in 13-18 minutes on both sides. The fillets can be broiled for an additional 2-3 minutes for added crispiness if desired. If you overcook the chicken, it will become dry.
INGREDIENT AND SUBSTITUTES
- Chicken Breast: Cut the chicken breasts in half lengthwise and brine them in saltwater. Look for skinless, boneless chicken breasts or fillets. This recipe can also be made with chicken thighs.
- Egg: You’ll need an egg wash for breading the chicken for best results. Alternatively, you may marinate the chicken in buttermilk or before breading.
- Lemon Juice: Freshly squeezed lemon juice is ideal, but bottled lemon or lime juice can be substituted.
- Oil: You can use olive oil or vegetable oil.
- Minced Garlic: For the greatest results, use fresh garlic.
- Salt and Pepper: For seasoning.
- Panko Breadcrumbs: For the best crunch, use Panko breadcrumbs, but feel free to use whatever breadcrumbs you have on hand.
- Paprika: Paprika gives your crispy coating taste and color.
- Onion Powder: It adds an extra layer of flavor to the breading.
- Parmesan Cheese: Although freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano is preferred, pre-grated parmesan powder will suffice in this recipe.
HOW TO MAKE CRISPY CHICKEN BREAST FILLETS
STEP 1: BRINE CHICKEN FILLETS
- Chicken should be cut in half lengthwise.
- In a large mixing basin, combine the water and salt. Then add the chicken fillets and brine them for at least 15 minutes in the saltwater.
STEP 2: BREADING
- Whisk together the egg, oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper in a medium mixing bowl.
- Combine breadcrumbs, paprika, onion powder, and parmesan cheese in a separate bowl.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the chicken fillets and the egg mixture.
- The chicken should then be dredged in the breadcrumb mixture.
STEP 3: BAKE THE CHICKEN
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Place the chicken fillets on the baking sheet in a single layer.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and bake for 8 minutes. Bake for an additional 5-10 minutes, or until thoroughly done. (For a golden crispy coating, broil for the last 2 minutes.)
PRO TIPS FOR THE BEST TENDER AND JUICY CHICKEN FILLET
- Brining chicken fillets before baking is the key to getting the most tender results. To one quart of water, add 14 cup salt. You can add herbs like thyme and bay leaves, as well as lemon slices, if desired.
- Bake at a high temperature: Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit and bake the chicken. The outside of the chicken cooks fast, resulting in a crispy crust that seals in the fluids.
- To avoid overcooking, use a cooking thermometer to ensure the meat reaches a temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit. Poking the fillets too much will cause the juices to leak out.
- Allow the chicken to rest before serving to allow the fluids to “seal in.” You’ll release all the juicy goodness by chopping the chicken while it’s still hot.
SECRETS TO A CRUNCHY AND CRISPY COATING
Combine crushed cornflakes with Panko breadcrumbs for a more crispy coating. Panko breadcrumbs will give you the crispiest coating, while other types of breadcrumbs can be utilized.
Pro tip: Before putting your covered chicken in the oven, lightly spray it with olive oil using an oil spray.
WHAT SIDE DISHES TO SERVE WITH CHICKEN BREAST FILLET?
Crispy parmesan chicken fillets can be prepared in a variety of ways. Serve with a salad or roasted veggies for a healthful choice. Serve with potatoes, mac and cheese, or your favorite pasta dish for a heartier supper. This fried chicken is also delicious as a sandwich filling.Print
CRISPY OVEN BAKED CHICKEN FILLET – So yummy!
- Prep Time: 35 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 50 mins
- Yield: 4 Servings 1x
Crispy and crunchy Oven Baked Chicken Fillets will change your life! Chicken breast fillets are covered with a golden parmesan panko crumb after being steeped in lemon garlic aromas. There’s no mess, no flour, and no deep-frying required! This restaurant-quality meal is simple to prepare and a hit with both children and adults!
- 1 ½ lb boneless skinless chicken breast cut half lengthwise and brined in saltwater, see instructions below
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt or to taste, if you use regular table salt, you’ll need 1/2 teaspoon
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- optional oil spray
- optional chopped parsley for garnish
- To brine chicken fillets, combine 1 quart water and 1/4 cup kosher salt in a large mixing basin. The salt is absorbed after stirring to mix. Add the chicken fillets and brine them for at least 15 minutes in the saltwater. (Store the bowl in the refrigerated if you plan to brine for more than 30 minutes; don’t brine for more than 6 hours.)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Remove from the equation.
- To make the breading, whisk together the egg, oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper in a medium mixing bowl.
- Combine breadcrumbs, paprika, onion powder, and parmesan cheese in a separate bowl.
- Rinse the chicken fillets in water after removing them from the brine. Then, using paper towels, pat dry.
- Shake off any excess egg mixture from the chicken fillets.
- Using the breadcrumb mixture, coat the chicken. Make sure the coating is uniformly distributed and lightly pressed onto the chicken. (For an additional crispy texture, spritz with oil spray.)
- Arrange the chicken fillets on the baking pan and bake.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and bake for 8 minutes. Bake for an additional 5-10 minutes, or until thoroughly done. (For a golden crispy coating, broil for the last 2 minutes.
- Brining is essential for the most soft chicken fillets, so don’t neglect it.
- When the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit, remove it from the oven. Poking the fillets too much will cause the juices to leak out.
- Allow the chicken to “lock-in” the juices by allowing it to sit and cool before serving.
- Category: Main
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Calories: 301kcal
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 790mg
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated Fat: 3g
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 13g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 30g
- Cholesterol: 119mg
Keywords: Chicken Fillet
Frequently Asked Questions
What’s the difference between chicken and chicken fillet?
Chicken breasts are thicker and overall much bigger. A breast is an uncut piece of chicken (usually actually half a breast, since the chicken while alive has one breast but after being butchered has two). … A filet is sliced, usually from the breast, to create a piece of chicken that has a uniform thickness
What part of the chicken does chicken fillet come from?
The interior filet is located just behind the breast. The inner fillet is also known as the “tenderloin” of the chicken since it is sliced on the interior of the spine. This is the most tender section of the chicken for the same reason.
How do you get crispy skin on marinated chicken?
Light a grill and brush the grate with oil. Remove the chicken thighs from the marinade and blot them dry before seasoning the skin. Grill the chicken skin side down over fairly low heat for 18 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown and crisp.
Is chicken fillet healthy?
What Are Chicken Breast’s Health Benefits? This sort of chicken is high in lean protein and low in fat. Vitamin B, vitamin D, calcium, iron, zinc, and trace levels of vitamin A and vitamin C are all found in chicken.
More Chicken Fillet Recipes to try
Chicken Schnitzel [Traditional Israeli Recipe]
Chicken schnitzel is a popular dish in Israel that is easy to make and inexpensive. It’s commonly served with French fries, but I prefer to serve it with a light salad to keep the calories down.
This simple recipe will quickly become a kitchen staple; I make it once or twice a month because it’s so easy and delicious. For a lighter, flakier Japanese-style coating, try breading it with panko.
Crispy Chicken Fillet with White Sauce
This recipe was inspired by the Chicken Fillet ala King menu at McDonald’s in the Philippines. Crispy boneless chicken breast fillet served with heated steamed rice drizzled with seductive creamy white sauce.
It’s ideal for chicken lovers, and it’s one of the simplest and most delicious comfort foods you can make for your family.
I used Panko breadcrumbs for a crunchy coating. I strongly advise you to use that instead of regular breadcrumbs.
This delicious sauce involves only a few simple ingredients that you may already have in your cupboard. This exquisite dish does not necessitate the use of a fine white wine.