This cake mix brownies recipe is fantastic! In a pinch, learn how to make brownies from a cake mix. This recipe requires only 5 ingredients and 5 minutes to prepare.
FREE Get Yours Today!
3 Secrets to Ease Your Cooking
Thanks to our secret weapon, dark chocolate fudge cake mix, this dessert is quick and easy to make.
These cake mix brownies are a ridiculously easy dessert that you can whip up in less than 5 minutes.
Make delicious brownies with just a few ingredients by combining your favorite flavor combinations.
Cake mix can be used for a variety of recipes, including these strawberry bars and cake mix lemon cookies. It’s a great thing to have in your pantry for when you need to whip up a quick dessert.
CAKE MIX BROWNIES RECIPE?
How does a non-baker wow family and friends? Cake mixes are used to make cakes, brownies, and other baked goods.
You have been saving lives since the beginning of time. If you’ve ever wondered if you could use cake mix to make fudgy brownies, the answer is yes, and it’s also quite simple.
Cake mix brownies are a quick and simple dessert that can be made in no time. A cake mix, eggs, vegetable oil, and chocolate chips are all you need (if desired).
The best part about these brownies is that they taste just like a homemade version without all of the effort! I’m not sure what will satisfy your sweet tooth if these brownies don’t.
Alternative Cake Mix Brownies Video Recipe:
CAN YOU MAKE BROWNIES FROM A CAKE MIX?
Yes! And you’ll be surprised at how delicious they are! So tasty and easy to make!
I adore homemade brownies, but when I have a brownie craving, I want them right away and don’t necessarily want to spend the extra time making them from scratch.
So, how do you make brownies from a box cake mix? Continue reading for all of the delectable details!
IS IT BETTER TO USE OIL OR BUTTER FOR BROWNIES?
If you want fudgy brownies, oil is a great option. While butter adds flavor, it also causes aeration in the batter, making it more cakey.
HOW TO TELL WHEN BROWNIES ARE DONE?
When making a cake recipe, it’s best to use a timer to ensure proper timing.
This way, you don’t end up overcooking the brownies, which only take 20-30 minutes to cook.
If you insert a toothpick or cake tester into the center of your brownie and it comes out with wet batter, it may need an additional 3 to 5 minutes.
It’s done when the toothpick comes out with a gooey sticky stain.
If you want a cakey brownie, the toothpick should come out clean. Take caution because you don’t want to underbake it at this point.
WHAT MAKES BROWNIES WITH CAKE MIX SO GREAT?
- There are only basic ingredients. You probably have all of the ingredients in your pantry right now!
- Only one bowl. The four ingredients are mixed together in one bowl at the same time. It’s so simple!
- Customizable. You don’t have to limit yourself to chocolate brownies. Experiment with strawberry or lemon bars. Yum!
- Delicious. These brownies are simply delicious. They’re the perfect combination of cakey and fudgy. Everyone who tries them raves about them!
The ingredient list for these cake mix brownies is extremely short. All you need are four simple ingredients! What a fantastic idea!
- Chocolate cake mix: A 15.25-ounce box of chocolate cake mix is required. Duncan Hines Triple Chocolate is my go-to brand for this recipe.
- Oil: You can use either olive or vegetable oil to make moist brownies.
- Two eggs will provide structure, stability, and richness.
- Chocolate chips: I recommend splurging on a high-quality brand for the best results. Ghirardelli chocolate chips are always my go-to. In these brownies, we like to use semi-sweet chocolate chips, but you can use any baking chips you like.
HOW LONG ARE BROWNIES GOOD FOR?
Brownies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. It can be stored in the fridge for up to a week.
I’m surprised they’ll last that long. Personally, I don’t keep cakes or brownies at room temperature for more than 24 hours. They belong in the refrigerator!
CAN YOU FREEZE BROWNIES MADE WITH CAKE MIX?
Yes, these brownies can be frozen! Allow to cool completely before transferring to an airtight container and freezing for up to 3 months.
Thaw at room temperature before serving. I can attest that these are possibly even better after being frozen and then microwaved (think melty chocolate chips and rich, fudgy center).
There are numerous cake mix brownie recipes available. I’m sure this one is floating around the internet, so I can’t claim credit for this brilliant idea.
This is the recipe my mother used to make when I was a kid. I hope you have as much fun as I do!
With just a few ingredients, you can make any type of delicious brownies using your favorite flavor of cake mix. Here are a few of my favorites:
- Brownies made from a red velvet cake mix. By using a red velvet cake mix, you can make these cake mix brownies red velvet flavored.
- Brownies made from a German chocolate cake mix and topped with caramel. Make your cake mix brownies a little more decadent.
- Brownies made from yellow cake mix. A quick and easy way to make blondies!
- Nuts. Finely chopped nuts, such as pecans or walnuts, can be easily incorporated into this brownie recipe. I recommend using half to two-thirds of a cup of chopped nuts. Simply sprinkle them on top or stir them into the batter.
- Brownies made from a cake mix and topped with cream cheese. Swirl a layer of softened or whipped cream cheese on top.
- Brownies covered in candy. M&M’s, Reece’s Pieces, and toffee bits are all delicious additions.
TIPS FOR PERFECT CAKE MIX BROWNIES
This brownie recipe couldn’t be simpler, but here are a few pointers to ensure that your brownies come out perfectly every time.
- Size of the pan. For this brownie recipe, make sure to use an 8-inch baking dish or pan. Many cake mix brownie recipes, such as my chocolate chip brownie bars, call for a 913-inch pan, but this one works best with a smaller pan.
- Batter is being spread. It’s normal for the brownie batter to be quite thick. Grease or line your baking dish with parchment paper. To spread the batter, I use a rubber spatula sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. This makes this step a breeze!
- The Pan type. For baking brownies, either a metal or glass pan will suffice. Use a metal pan for crisper crusts and edges. If you use a glass dish, you may need to increase the baking time by up to 5 minutes, but make sure to check on your brownies at the recommended time.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is brownie Mix the same as cake mix?
Because both box mixes contain essentially the same ingredients, a brownie mix can be quickly transformed into a cake mix with the few adjustments we mentioned. So, the next time you accidentally bring home a box of brownie mix and realize you really need to make a cake, don’t worry! You’ll be able to eat cake in no time!
How do I turn brownie mix into cake?
You should add one to two teaspoons of baking powder to each box of brownie mix. This will ensure that your brownies rise into a lovely fluffy cake. You can also use baking soda, but only in small amounts and only if your recipe contains acidic ingredients.
Should brownies be cakey or fudgy?
Cakey brownies are light, moist, and airy, with a slightly fluffy, cake-like interior, as the name suggests. Fudgy brownies are moist, dense, and gooey, with a texture similar to fudge but not quite as dense.
More Cake Mix Brownies recipes to try:
Cake Mix Brownies Strawberry
These strawberry cake mix brownies are quick and easy to make, and they’re great for kids. What little kid doesn’t like brightly colored food?
At least, my children do! When my kids want a small treat and I only have a few minutes to prepare something, I usually reach for the classic chocolate brownies. I decided to try a different flavor, and the kids loved them.
Cake Mix Brownies with Cream Cheese
Chocolate enthusiasts, rejoice! These decadent brownies made with chocolate fudge cake mix, cream cheese, and chocolate chips are as simple to make as they are to devour.