Costco Lobster Tails, In this post, you’ll learn how to cook Costco Lobster Tails in the oven, on the grill, and in the air fryer. In addition, I’ll show you how to prepare Costco Lobster Tails for baking or grilling.
HOW MUCH DO LOBSTER TAILS COST AT COSTCO?
Lobster tails are available at Costco for $40.00 per pound. The product name is “Northwest Fish 4-5 ounce Cold Water Lobster Tails, 30-count, 10 pounds,” which implies you’ll get 30 frozen and uncooked lobster tails for $399.99. Lobster tails are sold at Costco in both the United States and Canada.
WHERE TO BUY LOBSTER TAILS?
Lobster tails may be found in almost any supermarket store! If you don’t have access to a seafood market, frozen lobsters can be found in a variety of supermarket stores.
Lobster tails are frequently available at warehouse clubs such as Costco and Sam’s Club, and often in the larger sizes shown below.
WHERE DOES COSTCO LOBSTER COME FROM?
Lobsters from Costco are caught in Canada’s and Maine’s lush, chilly coastal seas. This region’s lobsters are huge and fresh, with a slight sweetness and luscious white meat. Costco Lobster Tails are one of the best on the market because of this.
Alternative Video Recipe: Lobster Tails Recipe!
- 40 Fun and Incredible Saturday Dinner Ideas For Family To Enjoy!
- 25 Easy and Cheap Dinner Ideas (Save Penny and Enjoy!)
- 35 Super Easy Christmas Dinner Ideas Perfect For Holiday!
HOW TOL PREPARE COSTCO LOBSTER TAILS BEFORE COOKING?
Make a cut from the top to the bottom with your kitchen scissors, stopping about 1/4 inch before the tails finish. Now, open the shell a little bit with your finger, being cautious not to shatter it.
You’ll find some poor meat bits, therefore cleaning is a must. After that, insert your finger between the bottom shell and the meat on top, go deeper to spread the meat from the bottom shell, and slowly lift the meat from the shell without removing all of it. Just like in the picture.
HOW TO MAKE SAUCE FOR COSTCO LOBSTER TAILS?
You will find so many sauces for lobster tails but the best one is butter and lemon sauce.
Melt 3 tablespoons unsalted butter in a skillet over medium heat, then season with 1 tablespoon salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika, lemon juice, and parsley. Cook for another 2 to 3 minutes, or until everything is combined. Your lobster tails are now ready to be served with butter lemon sauce.
HOW TO BOIL COSTCO LOBSTER TAILS
- Bring the 8 cups of water and 2 tablespoons of salt to a boil in a large saucepan.
- You can either remove the shell or prepare them as I described in the previous paragraph.
- Place the lobster tails in the boiling water with care, and cook for 1 minute per ounce. Boil for 4 minutes for 4 ounce tails.
- Serve with a butter lemon sauce or a side dish of your choice.
Boil Costco Lobster tails Take about 4 min
HOW TO COOK COSTCO LOBSTER TAILS IN THE OVEN
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit (230 degrees Celsius).
- In a large baking dish, place the lobster tails.
- Brush the butter and lemon sauce over the lobster tails, then pour the remaining sauce over all of them. Lemon slices can be placed on top of the tails.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 140°F or 160°F.
Cooking Costco lobster tails takes between 12-15 min at 4250°F in the oven.
HOW TO COOK COSTCO LOBSTER TAILS IN THE GRILL
- Place the lobster tails on a hot grill, shell side up, for 5 minutes.
- Brush the tails with butter lemon sauce while they are still on the shell.
- 3 minutes more on the grill
- Every 2 minutes, check for doneness and brush with sauce.
- Cook until the internal temperature reaches 140 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Serve with melted butter and lemon wedges after removing from the grill.
Cooking Costco lobster tails takes between 10-12 min on the grill.
HOW TO COOK COSTCO LOBSTER TAILS IN THE AIR FRYER
- Preheat the Air Fryer for 3 minutes at 400°.
- In an Air Fryer Basket, place the Costco lobster tails and drizzle 1 Tablespoon butter lemon sauce over the lobster flesh.
- Cook Costco lobster tails in an Air Fryer basket at 400°F for 8 minutes, or until the lobster meat is no longer transparent and the internal temperature reaches 150°F.
- Ensure that the butter sauce is drizzled every 2 minutes till the dish is done.
Cooking Costco lobster tails take between 8-12 min at 400°F in the air fryer.
HOW TO COOK LOBSTER TAIL
There are numerous ways to prepare lobster tail once it has been butterflied:
- Broiled lobster — This method uses the broiler to cook the lobster in the oven at a high temperature. My grilled lobster tail recipe is simple and delicious!
- Baked lobster — This method is similar to broiling but uses regular heat. Broiling, with its intense heat, produces a more tender inside than ordinary baking.
- Poached lobster is a word that can refer to either boiled lobster or lobster tails that have been simmered in a coating of butter (called butter poaching).
- Boiled lobster – This is one of the most straightforward methods, as it simply entails boiling the tails in a large pot of water. However, I find that the flavor of lobster cooked in butter is superior to that of lobster cooked in water.
- Grilled lobster – If you like, you can even grill lobster tails! We don’t get enough nice weather throughout the year for this to be my preferred approach, but I do enjoy it during the summer. Here’s how to make grilled lobster.
As you may expect, I believe the tastiest lobster recipe is grilled! The cook time is short (only 10 minutes or less!) and the butter adds a lot of flavor.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH COSTCO LOBSTER TAILS
You may serve the lobster tails from Costco with a dipping sauce like this butter lemon sauce or just mayo, ketchup, or BBQ sauce. You can also create a handmade garlic mashed potato and the same tomato fresh salad if you have a few minutes.
Here’s a rundown of the finest meals to serve with baked lobster tails from Costco:
- Green Bean Casserole
- Alton Brown French Onion Soup
- Lentil Soup Alton Brown
- Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Brussel Sprouts Recipe
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you cook packaged lobster tails?
Pull the lobster meat up through the shell, leaving the tail end inside the shell to keep everything together. Season the lobster meat with salt after brushing it with butter. Preheat the oven to 350°F and bake the lobster tails until an instant-read thermometer reads 140°F.
How do you broil Costco lobster tails?
If you want to speed up the oven process, broil the lobster tails. Prepare the tails and season them according to the oven’s instructions, then set them in a skillet under the broiler element. Cook for one minute per ounce of meat, or until it’s slightly brown and opaque. Recipe for the Best Lobster Tails Ever!
Is Costco lobster cooked?
Costco warm water lobster tails are cooked rapidly over a hot gas grill and topped with melted butter.
Is it better to boil or bake lobster tails?
When purchasing lobster tails, you have the option of steaming, boiling, grilling, baking, broiling, or even smoking them. If you’re not sure which method to use, we recommend boiling your lobster tails because it’s the most effective way to prevent the tails from clinging to the shell.
How do you defrost Costco lobster tails?
You have two options for thawing Costco lobster tails: overnight in the fridge or a rapid thaw in the sink. Allowing the frozen tails to sit in a bowl of water at the sink for a maximum of 30 minutes is the second method. When you observe the meat softening, they’re ready to cook.
More Lobster Recipes to try!
LOBSTER ROLL RECIPE
Fresh lobster chunks are coated in a mixture of mayonnaise, lemon juice, and herbs, then served in toasted, buttered buns in this lobster roll recipe. An easy-to-make New England staple that always earns wonderful reviews!
Fresh seafood is always a winner, whether it’s in a shrimp boil, a hot crab dip, or these delectable lobster rolls. Lobster sandwiches are the finest way to highlight this delectable seafood variety!
LOBSTER GRILLED CHEESE
Make your favorite grilled cheese at home, and don’t scrimp on the lobster. It’s ridiculously simple, yet it’s also less expensive!
Our fresh, rich, buttery, fluffy, sweet lobster meat contrasts beautifully with melty, slightly acidic sharp cheddar (not to mention crunchy, salty buttery bread).
Consider it a Down East take on a classic that allows you to get more use out of your lobster meat—this recipe makes four substantial sandwiches, and if you serve them with a cold, crisp pickle spear and some potato chips, you’ve got a lunch that will fill and thrill a bunch of hungry foodies. Order your lobster pre-cooked and de-shelled to save time; bibs are optional!