Try this Iced Caramel Cloud Macchiato recipe, which is a knockoff of the iconic Starbucks drink. Airy, frothy, and flavorful with espresso and vanilla, then topped with a buttery caramel sauce. This recipe for a Starbucks cloud macchiato is not to be missed!
WHAT IS CLOUD MACCHIATO?
The Cloud Macchiato is a spin-off of Starbucks’ original Caramel Macchiato. It’s created with espresso and fluffy whipped cold foam, then topped with caramel sauce for an extra layer of sweetness, and it’s available hot or iced! It comes in two flavors: caramel and cinnamon, both having a smooth, creamy texture and a meringue-like foam that fills half of the cup!
INGREDIENTS AND SUBSTITUTES
- You may make espresso with Starbucks Espresso Coffee Beans or any other coffee beans you have on hand. Alternatively, instant coffee mix can be used (or even decaf if you prefer). If you use the combination, dilute it with less water to make it more concentrated.
- Milk: It gives a touch of sweetness to the espresso, increasing the flavors.
- Egg White Powder: This is the secret ingredient that gives this drink its airy, frothy top. Meringue egg white powder can be found in most supermarket stores or ordered online from Amazon.
- To get the fluffy cloud texture, combine the egg white powder, icing sugar, and water in a mixing bowl.
- Vanilla Extract: It gives the drink a mild and pleasant vanilla flavor.
- Caramel Sauce: You can make your own caramel sauce or use store-bought. Caramel ice cream is also a good option.
- COFFEE MILK TEA Hong Kong Style Yuanyang Tea [Perfect Drink Recipe!]
- Glassy Candied Strawberries Recipe  (So Sweet!)
- Yummy Keto Ice Cream Recipe  (Must Try!)
Alternative Video Recipe: HOW TO MAKE CARAMEL CLOUD MACCHIATO
Coffee vs. Espresso
If you have an espresso machine, you can get closer to the Starbucks version because the Caramel Cloud Macchiato is made using espresso. Because not everyone has an espresso machine at home, strong coffee is frequently substituted for espresso.
In general, substituting 2 ounces of strong coffee for a double shot of espresso comes close to recreating the flavor. If you have a Moka pot, you should use it instead of other brewing methods because it is the most convenient way to prepare concentrated coffee.
HOW TO MAKE ICED CLOUD MACCHIATO AT HOME
1. Using an espresso machine, make the espresso. (A very strong ordinary coffee can also be used.) Pour the espresso into a glass or mug.
2. Combine egg white powder, icing sugar, vanilla extract, and water in a large mixing dish. Using a hand mixer, beat on medium speed until frothy.
3. In a glass, place ice cubes.
4. Combine the espresso and the milk in a mixing bowl.
5.Ladle the egg white powder foam into the glass gently.
6. Finish with a drizzle of caramel sauce. Serve and have fun!
Coffee vs. Espresso
If you have an espresso machine, you can get closer to the Starbucks version since they use espresso in their Caramel Cloud Macchiato. Not everyone has an espresso machine at home, so substituting strong coffee for espresso is often necessary.
In general, substituting 2 ounces of strong coffee for a double shot of espresso approximates the flavor fairly well. If you have a Moka pot, you should utilize it above other ways of brewing because it is the simplest way to prepare concentrated coffee.
If you don’t have a Moka pot, the French press is the next best thing. We recommend slightly increasing the strength from your ordinary cup, so if you normally brew with a 1:15 or 1:16 coffee to water ratio, try 1:13 or 1:14 instead.
Choosing Your Milk
We’ve already indicated that whole milk isn’t the best option because its high fat level makes it tough to foam, but it’ll suffice if it’s your only option. If you’re buying milk expressly to make a Caramel Cloud Macchiato, go for low-fat or non-fat milk.
Dairy milk substitutes such as almond milk, coconut milk, and oat milk are often used in coffee drinks in place of conventional milk, however they can make producing a frothy head difficult.
Some firms produce barista versions of nondairy milk that are specifically intended to froth more easily. If you wish to use nondairy milk in your handmade Caramel Cloud Macchiato, search for this version.
TIPS AND TRICKS
- It’s critical to beat the egg white mixture for a long time until it thickens and foams.
- Cinnamon Cloud Macchiato can be made by mixing cinnamon into the drink and sprinkling ground cinnamon on top of the caramel sauce.
- To make a Cocoa Cloud Macchiato, add toffee nut syrup to the drink.
HOT CLOUD MACCHIATO
The hot cloud macchiato version of this recipe is simple to make. Simply remove the ice from the glass and pour the hot espresso into it, followed by the milk and egg white foam. Serve immediately after adding the topping.Print
Frequently Asked Questions
What’s in an iced caramel cloud macchiato?
The Iced Cloud Macchiato is crafted with Starbucks Blonde espresso and a light, frothy milk foam. The new cocktail is available in two flavors: vanilla or caramel, so the milk foam and espresso are poured into a caramel or vanilla flavored foam to form the Macchiato’s signature layers.
What is the difference between a caramel macchiato and a caramel cloud macchiato?
The Caramel Cloud Macchiato is essentially a Caramel Macchiato with the new cloud topping on top, which pairs perfectly together; on the other hand, the Iced Cinnamon Cloud Macchiato has a hint of lemon, which adds a delightful tang to the cinnamon and coffee, like a sun ray bursting through your metaphorical coffee.
Does a caramel cloud macchiato have caffeine?
DOES A CARAMEL CLOUD MACCHIATO HAVE CAFFEINE? Yes, the espresso contains caffeine. You can use decaf coffee if you prefer a caffeine-free beverage.
How many Calories does it have?
A grande (16-oz) Cloud Macchiato has 280 calories, a short cup has 140 calories, a tall cup has 210 calories, and a venti has 350 calories, according to Starbucks.
More Caramel Cloud Macchiato Recipe
Blonde Caramel Cloud Macchiato (Starbucks Copycat Recipe)
The cloud macchiato is a new breed of Starbucks drink. This is all about foam, and a lot of it. Nonetheless, the cocktails are decadently tasty. So, can you make your own Blonde Caramel Cloud Macchiato? You certainly can! Using the Starbucks knockoff recipe below.
Here’s the gist of it. With the introduction of the cloud macchiato in 2019, the hunt for frothier, foamier drinks achieved a climax. When foamy milk wasn’t enough, Starbucks turned to Cloud Powder, which contains egg white among other thickeners and preservatives.
Caramel Cloud Macchiato Recipe (Delicious & Easy)
Starbucks’ Caramel Cloud Macchiato is one of the most unique drinks on their menu, which is saying a lot given the variety of inventive beverages they often produce. The enchantment comes from the froth, which is normally absent from macchiatos in favor of focusing on the espresso.
Egg white powder aids in the creation of a thick, airy foam in the Caramel Cloud Macchiato, lending the drink a light, fluffy character. It works great and adds a new twist to an old favorite.
We’ll show you how to prepare your own Caramel Cloud Macchiato in the comfort of your own home in this article. We’ll go through the fundamental recipe first, then give you some helpful hints for adjusting and refining your coffee to get it just right.