Crack dip is the perfect appetizer for your next get-together. Your family and friends will be begging for more of this creamy dip loaded with bacon, cheese, and ranch seasonings.
At get-togethers, dips such as Knorr spinach dip, chipped beef dip, sausage and beer cheese dip, and french onion dip are usually a favorite.
FREE Get Yours Today!
3 Secrets to Ease Your Cooking
What is Crack Dip?
Crack Dip is simple to make, cheesy, and loaded with bacon flavor.
The base is created with cream cheese, sour cream, and mayonnaise, and it’s flavored with ranch dressing mix (I make homemade). Combine the crumbled bacon (or bacon pieces), cheddar, and green onions in a mixing bowl.
CRACK DIP VIDEO RECIPE
- 25 Awesome and Healthy Celery Appetizers Ideas (Simple and Easy!)
- Super Creamy Caramel Apple Dip Recipe 
- 7 Avocado Appetizer Recipes You Should Try  (Drool-Worthy)
This is a simple dip recipe with only a few ingredients that comes together to create a flavor explosion.
- Make sure the cream cheese is softened. This aids in the creation of a delicate, creamy dip.
- Sour cream — Use full fat or light sour cream as desired.
- Bacon– I prefer cooked bacon that has been chopped into small pieces, but store-bought bacon bits can also be used.
- Ranch seasoning is an important component of this dip. Use a seasoning combination from the store or make your own.
- Green onion — Adds color and crunch to the dish.
- Cheddar cheese — This recipe calls for cheddar cheese, but you can substitute mild or sharp cheddar if you want.
- Seasoned salt — For an added kick of taste, use seasoned salt.
How to make the best crack dip recipe
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, ranch seasoning, seasoned salt, and sour cream. Using an electric mixer, combine the ingredients.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the bacon bits, cheese, and onions.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve by covering and chilling in the refrigerator.
- Add a handful of diced jalapenos or a dash of spicy sauce for a kick.
- Add chicken or sausage to make it more meaty.
- Seasonings Substitute Italian dressing mix or your preferred fresh herbs for the ranch mix.
- Serve it cold or bake it in a 400°F oven until hot and bubbly, about 20 minutes.
How to Make Crack Dip
This is so easy it’s ready in just 2 simple steps!
- Using an electric mixer, combine the first five ingredients. Make sure the ingredients are at room temperature if you’re mixing by hand. This makes it easy to combine them; just make sure to chill them before serving.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour before serving, after gently folding in the additional ingredients.
Best Dippers for Crack Dip
- Crackers : butter crackers, saltine crackers, wheat and more.
- Vegetables: celery sticks, carrot sticks, cucumbers, bell peppers and more.
- Chips: Fritos, tortilla chips, and potato chips work well.
- Other: This is also great spread on a tortilla and rolled up for a pinwheel appetizer.
How long can you leave out this party dip?
This dip should not be left out at room temperature for more than 2-3 hours because it contains perishable ingredients. If you’re serving this dip cold, 3 hours is the maximum time you should leave it out before putting it back in the fridge.
Great Dips for a Crowd
- In about 5 minutes, you can make taco dip!
- Pimento Cheese is a delicious dip or spread.
- 7-Layer Dip is a delicious party dish.
- Bacon Cheddar Dip – bacon and cheese in a dip!
- Dill Pickle Dip (prepared with only four ingredients)
- Creamy and delicious Confetti Corn Dip
- Allow the cream cheese to soften before combining. 30 minutes before making it, I normally set it out on the counter.
- Cooked crumbled bacon, or even turkey bacon, is a favorite of mine. Bacon pieces are also a good option, especially if you’re short on time.
- This dip is great served chilled but it can be served immediately after making.
Why does this recipe work?
- It is possible to make it quickly and easily. This is a great no-fuss last-minute snack!
- It’s seriously delicious. Everything that makes the ultimate dip is salty, creamy, and cheesy.
- A crowd-pleasing dip for parties and holidays.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is crack dip made of?
Sour cream, dill and buttermilk-spiked Ranch seasoning, green onions, and crumbled bacon combine to make a crack dip that you won’t be able to put down. Spread over toasted baguette slices or dip in off-the-shelf vegetable chips.
What is cowboy crack?
Cowboy crack dip is a creamy, cheesy, meaty dip that will transform your everyday tortilla chips into a delicious snack. It’s not just rich and delicious, but it also has a sense of sweetness from the corn. It has the right combination of flavors and textures to make your mouth swim.
Can you freeze crack dip?
Recommendations are mixed in this section. In general, freezing cream cheese is a poor idea, but because of the high fat level in this dip, you’ll probably be able to get away with it for a few weeks. Fill an airtight container halfway with the mixture and carefully close it.
What cheese is melted on nachos?
To mention a few, the top melters include cheddar, Monterey Jack, and American cheese. If you want to make a cheese sauce, which is the ideal way to make nachos, melt your freshly grated cheese on low heat. This is not a process that can be rushed. You’re preparing nachos.
What are some popular ethnic dips?
Ajika is a spicy, slightly flavored Caucasian dip made from hot red pepper, garlic, herbs, and spices. Ajvar is a Serbian condiment prepared from red bell peppers and garlic. Dip in artichoke. Baba ghanoush is an eggplant dip that is popular in the Eastern Mediterranean and portions of South Asia.
More Crack Dip recipes
CRACK CORN DIP
Do you need a quick dip recipe that’s great for parties? This creamy bacon ranch dip is just what you’re looking for. It simply has four ingredients: cheese, bacon, sour cream, and ranch seasoning. Plus, it’s always the first thing to go at every party, so grab your chips and go to work!
Have you been invited to a last-minute party? Are you overworked? That’s when this delectable dip recipe comes in handy! It just has four ingredients, and all you have to do is combine them in a bowl, whisk, and you’re done.
Ranch Crack Dip
Ranch Crack Dip is going to be your new go-to dish for special occasions. This classic cream cheese dip is surprisingly simple to make. With just five easy ingredients and ten minutes, you’ll have an enticing snack that everyone will enjoy. Serve with dippers such as carrots, celery, crackers, and baguette slices.
Ranch Crack Dip is ideal for parties, gameday tailgates, and at-home movie nights. No matter what the occasion, plenty of people will want to know how to make this simple cream cheese dip.