Make your own Insta-worthy Dragon Drink at home!
The Mango Dragon Fruit Refresher from Starbucks is quite similar to the Dragon Drink from Starbucks, except it is sweeter and creamier!
With its beautiful pink color and delicious flavors, this copycat dish is a great treat!
What’s the finest aspect about it? You can make it with or without caffeine, and you can easily adjust the sweetness to your liking!
This delightful and creamy dragon drink, along with Pink Drink, Violet Drink, and Strawberry Acai Refresher, is one of my favorite iced beverages to get at Starbucks.
You’ll adore this mega-refreshing dragon drink, which is simply mango dragon fruit refresher blended with coconut milk, if you like Mango Dragonfruit Refresher or Mango Dragonfruit Lemonade.
WHAT IS DRAGON DRINK?
Mango Dragonfruit and coconut milk are used in the Dragon Drink, a famous iced beverage from Starbucks. A “tropical-inspired pick-me-up—crafted with a delightful combination of sweet mango and dragonfruit flavors—is handshaken with creamy coconutmilk, ice, and a scoop of actual chopped dragonfruit,” according to Starbucks’ website.
Mango Dragonfruit Refresher is the base of this cocktail. It’s available in three flavors: ordinary refreshment, which is produced with water, “Dragon Drink,” which is created with creamy coconut milk, and “Mango Dragonfruit Lemonade,” which is made with lemonade instead of water and is called “Mango Dragonfruit Lemonade.”
IS THE DRAGON DRINK GOOD? WHAT DOES DRAGON DRINK TASTE LIKE?
Yes! As much as we adore this fruity paradise beverage at home, we had to produce our own to enjoy it as well! We love to create this particular drink whenever we need a pick-me-up. It has a smooth, creamy, sweet, and refreshing flavor that reminds me of a creamy tropical fruit drink!
Video Recipe: STARBUCKS DRAGON DRINK COPYCAT RECIPE
Suggested Drink Recipes to Try
- Easy Appletini Recipe (Apple Martini)
- Apple Cider Vinegar Shot Recipe (Healthy Drink)
- COFFEE MILK TEA Hong Kong Style Yuanang Tea [Perfect Drink Recipe!]
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO MAKE THIS BEVERAGE
- Dragonfruit (pitaya) Powder: Dragon fruit (pitaya) powder adds a gentle sweet tropical flavor to this drink while also giving it a lovely pink hue. For the greatest results, I recommend buying red dragon fruit powder that has been freeze-dried. In addition to acai packets, you may get fresh or frozen dragon fruit pitaya packs (under the Pitaya Plus brand) from health food stores like Whole Foods.
- Mango Juice: This recipe can be made with both bottled and fresh mango juice. If you’re going to produce your own mango juice, make sure you get rid of the pulp before you add it to the mix.
- White Grape Juice: ,Other fruity juices, such as apple juice, can be substituted. Make sure to stay away from the ones that are dark in hue.
- Coconut Milk– It gives this drink a velvety richness and creaminess. Coconut milk beverage is superior to canned coconut milk, which is made up of solid chunks of the white substance in chunky chunks. This recipe may be made with either sweetened or unsweetened coconut milk, and you can alter the amount of syrup to suit your taste.
- Green Coffee Extract (Optional): Green coffee bean extract is available for purchase on Amazon. If you’re going to use the coffee bean pills, you’ll need to open them up and use the powder that’s left in the capsules. If you don’t have any green tea on hand, you can use green tea instead or leave it out completely.
- Simple Syrup or Sugar (Optional): With simple syrup, sugar, or honey, you can adjust the sweetness level of this drink to your liking. For a healthier alternative, use Stevia. You can eliminate this ingredient if you use sweetened coconut milk.
- Diced Dragon Fruit (Optional): It’s only used to serve food. At my neighborhood Asian grocery store, I found the red fresh dragon fruit. This component can easily be substituted for freeze-dried dragon fruit.
DOES STARBUCKS USE REAL DRAGON FRUITS?
Yes, the beverage contains actual dragon fruit in the form of small pieces of fruit. Isn’t that delectably delicious? To emulate the natural sweetness and exquisite texture of dragon fruit, we decided to add it to our own pink drink.
IS THE DRAGON DRINK THE SAME AS THE PINK DRINK?
Despite the fact that both drinks are pink and contain coconut, they are not the same. The pink drink is produced with solely coconut water and dragon fruit, while the Starbucks dragon drink is made with a delicious combination of sweet mango and apple juice. They’re both referred to as “pink cocktails” by us!
HOW TO MAKE A DRAGON DRINK?
1. Combine the grape juice, dragon fruit powder, and optional green coffee extract in a mixing bowl until well combined. (It may take a few minutes for the powder to entirely dissolve.)
2. In a cocktail shaker, add ice, then pour in the mango juice. (You may use a large mason jar if you don’t have a cocktail shaker.)
3. Add the mixture of dragon fruits.
4. Scoop in the coconut milk.
5. Closure is required. For about 30 seconds, shake the shaker vigorously with both hands (one on each piece).
6. Add ice and half a glass of optional sliced dragon fruit. The mixture should then be strained into a glass. To taste, add a little simple syrup or sugar. Serve and savor as soon as possible.
WHY THIS RECIPE WORKS?
- Healthy: This new drink formula is prepared with natural fruit juices and dairy-free milk and has a lot less sugar than the mango dragon fruit refresher or the other Starbucks refreshers. Antioxidants are also present in the dragon fruit powder and pieces!
- Easy: You’ll have a delicious beverage ready in minutes with just a few simple steps. When you’re looking for a simple and quick dish, this is the one for you.
- Kid-Friendly: It’s safe for babies and youngsters because this version of the mango dragon drink is caffeine-free! To make your child’s day a little brighter, here are some suggestions. In their favorite cup, surprise them with this vivid sweet drink!
- Customizable: This pink drink is so adaptable that you can quickly modify it up by adding other ingredients.
- You’ll need to mix a tiny amount of liquid with the dragon fruit and green coffee powder first to ensure that they dissolve properly. Make sure there are no powder clumps in the mixture by thoroughly mixing it.
- Strain the mixture through cheesecloth or a coffee filter before adding it to the cocktail shaker if you don’t like the microscopic black and white particles.
- The ratio of dragon fruit powder to coconut milk determines the color of your drink. You’ll get a softer pink tint if you add additional coconut milk.
- Although this recipe contains caffeine, you can make a drink without it by omitting the green coffee essence.
- Gradually add the sweetener to the mixture until it reaches the desired sweetness level. For a healthier alternative, use Stevia. (You may not need to add simple syrup or sugar if you use sweetened coconut milk.)
CALORIES AND NUTRITION
Starbucks 16-ounce grandee Dragon Drink has 130 calories, with 3 grams of fat, 60 mg of salt, 26 grams of carbohydrates (23 grams of sugar), 1 gram of protein, and 45 mg of caffeine. There are roughly 100 calories in a tall cup, and about 190 calories in a venti.Print
Frequently Asked Questions
WHAT DOES THE DRAGON DRINK TASTE LIKE?
With tropical fruity flavors, it’s smooth, creamy, sweet, and very refreshing. It has a creamier taste and is sweeter than the ordinary Mango Dragon Fruit Refresher.
HOW MUCH IS A DRAGON DRINK AT STARBUCKS?
Depending on the quantity and location, the drink costs $3.25 to $4.95. If you want to drink it frequently, it’s far less expensive to make it at home.
IS THE DRAGON DRINK GOOD FOR YOU?
It’s not the healthiest drink, but it’s packed with nutrients thanks to dragon fruit, mango juice, and coconut milk. For a nutritious drink, you can use high-quality ingredients and Stevia as a sweetener at home.
DOES THIS DRINK HAVE CAFFEINE?
Yes, the dragon drink contains caffeine, which will give you a jolt of energy. For a caffeine-free drink, you can leave out the green coffee extract.
HOW TO ORDER THE DRAGON DRINK AT STARBUCKS?
You can ask your barista for a “Dragon Drink” because it’s on Starbucks’ official menu, and they’ll probably know what you’re talking about.
More Recipes to try:
Kiwi Starfruit Refresher (Starbucks Copycat)
It’s simple, delicious, and fully natural to make this Starbucks Copycat Kiwi Starfruit Refresher! You can prepare a kiwi refreshment that’s even better than the original with just a few easy-to-find ingredients. Plus, if you add a splash of coconut milk, you’ve got a Star Drink!
STRAWBERRY ACAI LEMONADE REFRESHER
With this simple recipe, you can make your own strawberry acai lemonade refreshing at home! This recipe is far healthier and less expensive than the store-bought version, plus it’s made using easy-to-find ingredients.