Want to try this Delicious Gordon Ramsay Meatloaf Recipe. This is the earliest recorded mention of the dish we now call “meatloaf.”
One of the recipes in the Roman cookbook “Apicius” is a mixture of chopped beef, wine, and bread that is pressed into patties.
So ground beef is used in the most common variation of Gordon Ramsay’s meatloaf recipe, while ground lamb, pork, veal, venison, poultry, and seafood are also used, sometimes in combination.
FREE Get Yours Today!
3 Secrets to Ease Your Cooking
When the meatloaf is done, slice it into individual sections like a loaf of bread and serve them to your family or visitors.
What does adding egg to meatloaf do?
Eggs are an item that may be included in practically every meatloaf recipe, and they serve two purposes:
Egg yolks are primarily water, but they include a large quantity of protein and fat, which gives our Gordon Ramsay Meatloaf Recipe taste, richness, and moisture.
They also aid in the binding of our meatloaf meat, allowing it to set in a firm form without the need to overwork it.
Alternative Video Recipe: Meatloaf Recipe
- Delicious Cracker Barrel Meatloaf (Tender Juicy Recipe!)
- Easy Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf Recipe (Must Try)
- JUICY BBQ MEATLOAF [Easy Recipe]
Gordon Ramsay Meatloaf Recipe Instructions
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and spray a loaf with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pour the olive oil into a skillet and set it over medium heat to heat.
- Then, in the same skillet, add the onions, peppers, and mushrooms.
- Allow it to cook for about 5 minutes, or until it becomes tender, stirring frequently.
- Then add the minced garlic and simmer, stirring frequently, for about 1 minute.
- Finally, take the skillet from the heat and set it aside to cool.
- Along with the onion combination, add all of the ground beef, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, eggs, basil, oregano, Worcestershire sauce, and balsamic vinegar.
- To taste, add sea salt and freshly cracked pepper to the mixture.
- Start gently blending the mixture with your fingertips until it is uniformly mixed, but be careful not to overmix it.
- Fill the loaf pan halfway with the mixture and spread the marinara sauce evenly over the top.
- After that, put the pan in the oven for 1 hour, or until a meat thermometer placed in the center registers 160 degrees.
- Finally, take the meatloaf out of the oven and let it rest for 5 to 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
What does milk do in meatloaf Recipe?
Milk is used in meatloaf because it soaks up the bread crumbs, giving the meatloaf the moisture it requires.
If you don’t want to use milk for whatever reason, consider using low sodium beef stock, chicken stock, water, or a non-dairy milk substitute instead.
Bacon-Wrapped Meatloaf Gordon Ramsay Recipe Ingredients
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 cup of onion, diced
- 1/2 cup of green bell pepper, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup of rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 10-12 strips bacon
- 1/3 cup of ketchup
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
Bacon-Wrapped Meatloaf Gordon Ramsay Recipe Instructions
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with slightly overlapping bacon strips.
- Begin mashing the meat, onions, bell pepper, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, eggs, oats, salt, and pepper in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Then drizzle 2 tablespoons of glaze over the bacon you’ve previously lined in the loaf pan.
- Place the meatloaf mixture in the pan and push it down.
- Any bacon that hangs over the edge of the loaf pan should be folded over.
- After that, invert the loaf pan onto a baking sheet lined with foil or parchment paper.
- Wrap the bacon strips around the edges of the meatloaf as well, tucking them into the other pieces of bacon to make it tight.
- Remove the meatloaf from the oven and spray it with ketchup glaze before returning it to the oven for another 15 to 20 minutes at 350° F.
- Your completed meatloaf should have crispy bacon edges and an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit in the center.
- Finally, set aside for 10 minutes before slicing and serving your meatloaf.
What is the best meatloaf Recipe?
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Mix meat, panko, 2/3 cup Katsu sauce, onion, green onion, and eggs in a mixing dish with a fork until fully combined. Place in a 9-inch loaf pan and shape into a loaf. Bake for 1 hour, basting with the remaining 2 tablespoons Katsu sauce as needed.
What is the easiest meatloaf recipe?
To prepare the greatest meatloaf, start by putting 90 percent lean ground beef in a large mixing bowl. Toss in some dried bread crumbs and sliced onion. Combine milk, an egg, ketchup, and Worcestershire sauce in a mixing bowl.
Combine the dried parsley, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a mixing bowl. Mix everything up thoroughly. Fill a loaf pan halfway with the meat mixture. To make the ketchup glaze, combine all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl. Toss in some ketchup.,
What is the best meatloaf seasoning?
Melt butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Sauté the garlic, onion, and green pepper until the onions are softened. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit (190 degrees C). Combine ground beef, crushed crackers, Cheddar cheese, taco seasoning, and sautéed onion and green pepper in a large mixing bowl. Make a thorough mix.
Can I substitute panko for breadcrumbs in meatloaf recipe?
Panko and breadcrumbs can both be used in the same recipe. Both are used to make a crispy topping for baked casseroles, a breaded coating for fried dishes, and a binding agent for meatballs and veggie burgers. When I make recipes that call for breadcrumbs, I now use an equal amount of panko instead.
How do you make homemade meatloaf recipe?
Season to taste with salt and pepper and place in a lightly prepared 59-inch loaf pan OR form into a loaf and place in a lightly greased 913-inch baking dish. Combine the brown sugar, mustard, and ketchup in a separate small bowl. Combine all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl and pour over the meatloaf. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and bake for 1 hour.Print
Frequently Ask Questions
What makes my meatloaf fall apart?
The most common cause of meatloaf falling apart is a lack of binding agents, such as eggs and breadcrumbs. These are important ingredients because they help the meat mixture hold together and stay together while cooking.
Should meatloaf be baked covered or uncovered?
During cooking, cover a single big meatloaf with aluminum foil to keep it moist, but leave it exposed for the last 15 minutes of baking. “Meatloaf can be frozen uncooked for later cooking or cooked and frozen for later reheating.” Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
What happens if you don’t put eggs in meatloaf?
The trick is that you can still prepare a tasty and juicy meatloaf without using eggs. Their binding power is negligible, especially when the proper ratio of liquid to breadcrumbs is utilized, and protein and fat can be easily replaced.
What can I put on top of meatloaf instead of ketchup?
¼ cup tomato paste.
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar.
½ tablespoon honey.
½ teaspoon kosher salt.
¼ teaspoon smoked paprika (or sweet paprika)
¼ teaspoon garlic powder.
What is the best binder for meatloaf?
Bread is one of the best and most common meatloaf binders. We have a lot of stale bread in the house, so it’s probably why. It doesn’t matter if the bread is new, stale, or dry. Any break should be cut or torn into extremely little bits, or processed in a food processor.
Should I drain the grease from my meatloaf?
Consider draining the grease 15 minutes before the end of the cooking time if you’re baking your meatloaf in a loaf pan, which ensures a moist loaf. This method works best when the meatloaf is cooked ahead of time, since it makes slicing the meatloaf easier.
What is the secret to moist meatloaf?
Stale bread is an important component in meatloaf because it helps to hold the meat together. Dry bread, on the other hand, will absorb some of the moisture from the meat. To make a more moist meatloaf, soak the bread in milk until it becomes thick and mushy before combining the ingredients.
More Recipes to try!
FOOLPROOF GLAZED MEATLOAF RECIPE
This meatloaf is moist, soft, and flavorful. It’s the ideal easy, budget-friendly comfort dish! It’s the finest meatloaf I’ve ever had, thanks to a balsamic brown sugar glaze.
When serving a delectable dish like meatloaf, the accompaniments are almost as vital. So, Dad’s Famous Mashed Potatoes, Garlic Butter String Beans, and Copycat Texas Roadhouse Rolls are on the menu! That’s what I call a meal!
Best Cheesy Meatloaf Recipe Ever
The Best Cheesy Meatloaf Dish Ever will put an end to your search for the ultimate meatloaf recipe. I understand that this is a bold statement. It’s something I can confidently state.