Ever wonder how they make nice juicy Smoky Chipotle Burger Patties like in restaurants? Now you can do it at home.
The Chipotle Burgers come on a toasty bun and are topped with avocado, Pepper Jack cheese, and a special chipotle sauce. This is certain to become everyone’s new favorite grilled burger.
FREE Get Yours Today!
3 Secrets to Ease Your Cooking
Chipotle Burgers combine regular hamburgers with adobo sauce and chipotle peppers for an incredible, smoky flavor that’s enhanced by grilling.
Not to mention the melty pepper jack cheese, avocado, fresh tomato slices, lettuce, and the perfect chipotle sauce! The ultimate burger!
JUICY CHIPOTLE BURGER
When it comes to food, sometimes a little extra effort makes all the difference. Buying prepackaged patties is convenient, but making your own and tailoring it to your preferences is well worth the time.
All you’ll be thinking about after you sink your teeth into these juicy Chipotle burgers is your next bite. These burgers are a huge hit with my friends and family.
We like the way the hot chipotle peppers are balanced by the cool cilantro avocado sauce or even homemade guacamole.
The ingredients in these burgers are so flavorful and complement each other perfectly.
HOW TO MAKE CHIPOTLE BURGERS?
It’s the same as making regular hamburgers, but with a few special extra ingredients thrown in!
- Combine ground beef, minced chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, salt, and pepper in a medium mixing bowl. Mix only until everything is combined–do not overmix!
- Divide the seasoned meat into four sections and shape each into a 12-inch thick patty. For this step, I find that using damp hands works best!
- Preheat your grill to medium heat and place the patties directly on it. They will require 3-5 minutes on each side (an internal temperature of 160 F)!
- To toast the hamburger buns, place them on the grill with a generous amount of butter. On the stove, this will only take about a minute!
BEST BUNS FOR BURGERS
You can put whatever you want on top of your burger. However, the bun you select has a significant impact on how delicious your burger tastes.
A Brioche bun is by far my favorite. However, a pretzel bun is also delicious.
Simply put, you want a light and squishy bun. The tender burger patty will be overshadowed by a heavy, dense bun.
ASSEMBLE THE BURGERS
Now it’s time to assemble the burgers: lettuce, burger patties, tomato, and avocado!
You can either leave it at that or add the special chipotle sauce, which we highly recommend. It intensifies the chipotle flavor, which is a good thing!
In a small bowl, combine the plain Greek yogurt (or sour cream or mayo), lime juice, chipotle in adobo sauce, smoked paprika, and salt to make the chipotle sauce.
That’s all! Spread it on your burger and eat it!
HOW TO COOK A BURGER?
- First and foremost, whether you cook burger patties in a skillet or on a grill, do not press the patty while it is cooking!
- Simply do not do it! You’re not making it cook faster; you’re squeezing all the juice out, ensuring a dry burger. Yum.
- The patty should only be flipped once. Don’t mess with the patty; instead, let it do its thing. By flipping it once, you give it time to develop a charred crust, which adds flavor and, in my opinion, makes it easier to time doneness.
- I usually cook it until the top appears to be turning purple and the juice begins to puddle on top, then flip, top with cheese, and cook for a few minutes longer.
The burger will typically take 3-4 minutes per side to fully cook.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a burger’s secret ingredient?
The secret is to use 12 pounds of chopped mushrooms for every pound of ground beef in your burger recipe. This produces incredibly juicy and flavorful burgers – and you won’t even notice the mushrooms are in there! Without a doubt!
Why do you put an egg in your homemade burgers?
The egg in hamburger patties or meatloaf acts as a binder, holding the meat and other ingredients together. The higher the fat content, the more the meat shrinks during cooking, according to Michigan State University. Fat is necessary for flavor and juiciness, but it also adds calories.
What is the key to making a good burger?
He explained that the secret was to start with whole cuts of sirloin, brisket, and chuck, cut the meat into large chunks, season it, and then grind it twice before gently shaping the patties by hand.
Do burgers require breadcrumbs?
Breadcrumbs are not typically included in traditional burger patty mixtures, but their inclusion in this recipe contributes to the cooked patties having a lighter, more tender texture. The egg acts as a binding agent, allowing the patties to be easily formed. It also aids in their cohesiveness when cooked.