This easy stir fry dinner with delicate bits of meat and sliced mushrooms in a simple garlic sauce! It’s a quick 20-minute dinner that can be served every night of the week! For a quick supper, serve with rice or fried noodles and some stir-fried or steamed vegetables.
Prepare the rice ahead of time if you’re serving it. This stir-fried garlic beef is ready to eat in less time than your rice!!
BEEF WITH GARLIC SAUCE RECIPE
I love this super simple Chinese restaurant takeout style beef with garlic sauce because it is so quick and easy to make in no time at all! There are no special ingredients required, everything needed is almost always on hand in my pantry!
It’s a hearty beef entrée to enjoy with your family, and pairs so well with a variety of sides! Add some broccoli for a beef and broccoli style dinner, or serve with steamed or stir fried mixed vegetables.
If you plan on serving with rice, be sure to get the rice started ahead of time. This stir fried garlic beef will be prepped, cooked, and ready to enjoy faster than your rice!!
HOW TO MAKE GARLIC BEEF STIR-FRY
- Remove any white muscular membrane from one pound of flank steak or top sirloin, then slice into thin slices against the grain ( or perpendicular to the lines of muscle fibers ). In a large mixing basin, place the cut meat.
- Sprinkle half a tablespoon of cornstarch over the cut beef and toss to coat evenly. Remove from the equation.
- Heat the tablespoon of olive oil or cooking oil in a wok, big skillet, or nonstick frying pan over medium high heat. When the oil is shimmering, add a tablespoon of finely minced or crushed garlic and sliced mushrooms (white button, cremini, or shiitake mushrooms) to the pan.
- Cook, turning regularly, for 1 to 2 minutes, or until the garlic is gently brown and fragrant. In a wok or skillet, add the sliced beef, toss to coat, and cook over medium high heat until the steak is about halfway done. With golden browned borders, some pink should still be visible.
- Stir in the soy sauce, garlic powder, and black pepper at this halfway point to recoat the ingredients. Cook for another 1–2 minutes, or until the meat is thoroughly browned.
- Remove from the heat and serve right away. If desired, garnish with chopped green onion and sesame seeds.
- Serve with a vegetable side and steaming Jasmine rice, fried rice, or chow mein noodles for a complete dinner. Enjoy!
Why You Will LOVE This Dinner
Dinnertime is sometimes SUCH a hassle, am I right?! When work, school, and all of your other responsibilities are done for the day, all you want to do is give your family a healthy, delicious, and substantial lunch!
You could simply make a batch of nutritious hamburger helper at home OR you might try something fresh that tastes like takeout—in this case, shredded beef with garlic sauce!
This dinner meal is SO tasty, healthy, protein-packed, and simple; there’s nothing you won’t love about it!
It doesn’t have to be tough to prepare delicious food that’s full of flavor. Today’s beef meal is really simple and delicious, and it only calls for a few simple ingredients. Here are the ingredients for the meat with garlic sauce:
- Olive Oil
- Fresh Minced Garlic
- Flank Steak, thinly sliced
- Reduced Sodium Soy Sauce
- Sesame Oil
- Garlic Powder
How To Make Beef With Garlic Sauce
Heat the oil in a big pan and add the garlic. It should take a few of minutes to cook until golden brown.
Beef should be cooked.
In a large mixing basin, combine the beef and cornstarch. After the garlic has browned, add the steak and continue to heat until it has browned. Cook until the sauce is bubbling and thickened, then add the soy sauce and sesame oil.
If desired, sprinkle with garlic powder before serving and devouring!
Beef With Hot Garlic Sauce Recipe Substitutions
- Make it Paleo: Simply substitute the soy sauce with coconut aminos if you want to follow the paleo diet
- Make it Low Carb: Because this recipe is already a low carb meal, I recommend serving it over cauliflower rice rather than ordinary rice to keep it that way!
- Make it Vegan: If you want all of the flavor without the meat,, I recommend substituting tofu for the beef in this recipe.
- Make it Spicy: If you like your food spicy, try adding some sriracha to the garlic sauce or topping it with some after you eat it!
What To Serve Alongside Beef With Garlic Sauce
This tasty beef meal is fantastic on its own with a side of instant pot steamed broccoli but I recommend eating it with something to soak up all of the sauce!
For a low carb, keto friendly option, serve the beef with a pot of steaming jasmine rice, boiled quinoa, or cauliflower rice.
Learn some simple ways to create cauliflower rice by looking up how to cook cauliflower rice.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is beef with garlic?
Garlic Hunan Beef is a spicy stir-fried beef dish made with garlic, ginger, and Thai chilies that is one of the most popular on Chinese restaurant menus. When my family and I went to the fantastic Chinese restaurant in town for Chinese food, one of the dishes I grew up ordering was Garlic Hunan Beef.
What is hot garlic sauce made of?
How to Prepare a Spicy Garlic Sauce Combine the onions, garlic, and red pepper in a food processor. Combine the cornflour, water, vinegar, soy sauce, and sugar in a mixing bowl and set aside. In a wok, heat the oil and add the onion mixture, stirring constantly until the fat separates.
How healthy is garlic sauce?
Garlic has been shown to reduce cholesterol levels. Garlic contains the key component allicin, which helps to decrease blood pressure. Garlic is also said to help diabetics control their blood glucose levels. Garlic is beneficial to the circulatory and cardiovascular systems.