The finest meatloaf recipe you’ll make all year is my delicious and comforting Cracker Barrel meatloaf!
FREE Get Yours Today!
3 Secrets to Ease Your Cooking
Added shredded cheddar makes the meatloaf extra soft, and it’s topped with a delectable glaze that’ll knock your socks off!
The green peppers are a delightful touch to this crowd-pleasing meatloaf that brings all of the delectable tastes together!
My Cracker Barrel Meatloaf is salty, tangy, and really amazing!
Looking for the finest meatloaf you’ve ever had? This meatloaf is just what you need! Without having to go out to a restaurant, this recipe tastes just like Cracker Barrel’s great recipe! It’s not only delicious, but it’s also simple to make! It simply takes 15 minutes to prepare and you’ll have it on the table in no time!
The savory meatloaf is topped with a delectably sweet glaze that contrasts wonderfully with the meatloaf’s salty flavor. To make it simple and delicious, it uses ketchup, brown sugar, mustard, and a little Worcestershire sauce.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS RECIPE!
- It’s very good! The cozy traditional of meatloaf is enhanced by the addition of delectable vegetables and cheese. This is the best way to prepare this meatloaf!
- It’s Simple! The ease with which meatloaf is made is one of the reasons it is still so popular! Simply season the meat, shape it, and bake it!
- It’ll be a hit with the whole family! This delicious meatloaf will please both kids and adults!
Alternative Video Recipe: How to cook Cracker Barrel Meatloaf
Checkout These Recipes:
- Juicy Air Fryer Whole Chicken Recipe (Rotisserie Style)
- Tender Air Fryer Tuna Steaks Recipe (Best Ever)
- Homemade Crispy Corn Nuggets Recipe (Easy 20-minute snack!)
INGREDIENTS YOU’LL NEED:
Take your meatloaf recipe to the next level with this Cracker Barrel Meatloaf recipe! It’s packed with flavorful veggies and tasty cheese to make it absolutely delicious.
- Ground Beef – I prefer a ground beef that has 85% lean, 15% fat, so it’s a bit healthier but still rich enough to keep it juicy.
- Yellow Onion – I recommend yellow onion for this dish, but you can use white if you prefer a sharper flavor. You want the onion to be finely diced or even grated so it blends into the meatloaf perfectly. (See Tips & Recipe Notes)
- Green Bell Pepper – Green bell pepper adds that rich, savory flavor and makes the meatloaf taste just like Grandma used to make! You also want this to be finely diced or grated.
- Eggs – The eggs help bind the meat together and keep the meatloaf well-formed.
- Sharp Cheddar Cheese – The cheddar is one of the special ingredients of this recipe. It adds extra flavor and a cheesy bite you’ll be sure to love! You can grate your own sharp cheddar or use pre-grated.
- Whole Milk – Milk helps to keep the meatloaf moist. If you can’t have milk, you can use an alternative but be sure it’s unsweetened.
- Ritz Crackers – Ritz crackers are the other special ingredient in this recipe! They add such a delicious, buttery flavor that regular breadcrumbs just won’t deliver! Crush them up to make sure they blend into the dish.
- Salt & Pepper – You’ll use these to season the meatloaf. I recommend freshly ground pepper.
THE MEATLOAF GLAZE
- Ketchup – This is the base of our glaze! It’s rich, sweet, and goes perfectly with the other ingredients.
- Brown Sugar – Brown sugar turns this sauce into a delicious sticky glaze when it bakes! You can use dark or light brown sugar, whichever you prefer!
- Yellow Mustard – Mustard adds a salty tang here, which contrasts well with the ketchup and brown sugar.
- Worcestershire Sauce – Just a little of this flavorful sauce goes a long way! It helps to season our glaze and make it irresistibly delicious.
You’re going to love this easy Cracker Barrel meatloaf recipe! Make sure you don’t overwork the meat when mixing in the ingredients, so it doesn’t get tough!
Preheat and prep glaze.To prepare a baking sheet, preheat the oven to 350°F (176°C) and line it with parchment paper. Then, in a small mixing bowl, whisk together 12 cups ketchup, 12 cups brown sugar, 1 tablespoon yellow mustard, and 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce in a small mixing dish. Set it aside to use later after whisking until smooth and fully blended.
Make the meatloaf. Add 12 lbs. to a large mixing basin. 14-cup finely diced green bell pepper, 12-cup finely diced yellow onion, 4 ounces grated sharp cheddar cheese, 14-cup whole milk, 2 sleeves crumbled Ritz crackers, and 1 teaspoon each of salt and pepper to taste. Using clean or gloved hands, thoroughly mix the ingredients until well combined.
Bake the meatloaf. Bake the meatloaf in a preheated oven. Form the meatloaf mixture into a loaf shape on the baking sheet that has been prepared. Bake for 30 minutes at 350 ℉ (176 ° C). After that, take the meatloaf out of the oven and generously drizzle the glaze on top.
Finish baking the meatloaf. Return the meatloaf to the oven and bake for another 30 minutes, or until the middle of the loaf reaches a temperature of at least 160 degrees Fahrenheit (72 degrees Celsius). Allow to cool for 10 minutes after removing from the oven. Serve and enjoy! Slice into even pieces and serve and enjoy!
TIPS & RECIPE NOTES
- The onion and bell pepper are finely grate with a box grater’s big holes, allowing them to blend flawlessly into the meatloaf. The best part is that most finicky eaters will be able to eat grated vegetables!
- If you’re short on time, have a problem with your hands, or just don’t like using a knife, this is the way to go! Just keep an eye on your hands!
- Put the beef mixture onto a parchment-lined bread/loaf pan if you want a more defined loaf form. Turn the bread pan upside down on the parchment-lined baking sheet and press it down evenly. Bake as usual after removing the pan (and parchment paper) from the oven!
- To be safe to consume, meatloaf should be cooked to an internal temperature of 160°F (72°C). It’s difficult to tell when a meatloaf is fully cooked unless you’re a meatloaf expert.
- You’ll never have to cut into undercooked meatloaf again if you use a thermometer to monitor the temperature.
STORING & REHEATING
This incredible meatloaf refrigerates beautifully! Store in an airtight container or wrap well with aluminum foil and it’ll last for 3 to 4 days in your fridge.
Either a whole cooked meatloaf or leftover meatloaf can be frozen! For optimal results, wrap the cooled meatloaf in plastic cling film, place in an airtight container or freezer bag, and freeze for up to 3 months.
When it’s time to reheat the meatloaf, I like to use the oven to keep it moist while reheating it! Preheat the oven to 250 ℉ (121 ° C) and arrange the meatloaf in a baking dish with the remaining meatloaf (you should thaw any frozen meatloaf overnight in the fridge before reheating). Toss a splash of beef stock or water into the dish’s bottom, then cover with aluminum foil and reheat for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a thermometer reads 165°F (74 ° C).Print
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is the origin of Cracker Barrel meatloaf?
Lean ground beef, sautéed vegetables, buttery Ritz crackers, sharp cheddar cheese, eggs, milk, and a delicious ketchup and brown sugar sauce are all used in this dish. In addition, there are a few techniques that will ensure that your meatloaf is moist and flavorful. In a moment, we’ll expose those.
Is the meatloaf from Cracker Barrel good?
Many Yelp reviewers claim that it is not only the best they’ve ever eaten, but that it has sold out. “The meatloaf was freshly baked to perfection, the seasoning was not too sweet and not too salty, honoring the soul food of the South, and It was soft and delicious in every bite.” one person said of the meatloaf.
Can I make this meatloaf with turkey?
Definitely! If you don’t prefer beef, you can try making this recipe with turkey! Be sure not to overcook the meatloaf (you want turkey to reach a temperature of 165°F (74°C) to be safe to eat) so it doesn’t dry out
Why is there milk in the meatloaf?
Milk makes the meatloaf extra moist, especially when combined with the cracker crumbs! You’ll never have a dry meatloaf when using it! If dairy milk isn’t your thing, you can use beef stock or an unsweetened milk alternative.
Can I leave out the bell pepper?
Sure! I love the savory taste of bell pepper in this recipe because it tastes just like how Cracker Barrel (and my grandma!) makes, but not everybody loves it! You can leave it out of the recipe, and it’ll still be delicious.
More Recipes to try
For a delectable mix, Gourmet Meatloaf is cooked with steak sauce instead of ketchup, cilantro, green peppers, and onions on the exterior, and ham, cheese, and broccoli coiled up within.
This meatloaf is bursting with flavor, and the possibilities are as endless as your imagination. I’ve served it with dill pickle chips and ketchup and mustard on top of American cheese. Another possibility is a topping with Swiss cheese and mushrooms.