On the Blackstone, this healthy chicken fried rice is much better than takeout!
Gluten-free and soy-free, this sticky rice dish is high in protein and vegetables that are excellent for you.
Why is a Blackstone Griddle perfect for making fried rice?
In order to cook properly and create that toasted, savory finish that is so common and distinctive with true fried rice, it needs to be cooked at a high, steady temperature.
Even with a great wok and excellent intentions, this is practically impossible to achieve on an electric stove at home. With a gas burner, it’s possible, but you’ll need to work in tiny batches to keep the pan from overheating, even on high heat.
The Blackstone’s surface is constructed of cold-rolled steel, which is a far cry from a traditional wok, but thanks to its non-stick surface and capacity to get (and stay) blistering hot, the same end result is attained.
Basic Fried Rice Ingredients
Fried rice is a dish that can be made in a variety of ways, but the basic ingredients are the same. That’s why it’s ideal for family meals at home. You can make it exactly how you want it!
In the past, I’ve made several different types of fried rice in one evening, depending on my preferences or allergy requirements. It’s quick and simple, and the greatest part is that 6/7 of the kids adore it. (The one who doesn’t doesn’t really matter because she doesn’t like anything except spaghetti, sushi, and ham sandwiches right now.)
Alternative Video Recipe: How to make Chicken Fried Rice
- Delicious Trader Joe’s Fried Rice Air Fryer – (So nutritious!)
- Delicious Garlic Butter Crawfish Tails Recipe [So Juicy!]
- Crunchy Air Fryer Waffle Fries Recipe (10 Minutes) Here
How do you store fried rice?
You may store the Blackstone fried rice in a food preservation container once it has cooled off. Especially when it comes to meal prep, glass containers are ideal.
In the refrigerator, chicken fried rice will keep for 3-4 days. Heat the rice in the microwave until it’s completely hot, then serve.
In a skillet with a little hot oil, you can easily reheat fried rice with chicken. Until it’s hot, constantly stir it.
INGREDIENTS YOU’LL NEED:
- Chicken Thighs- Using thighs for this recipe is a terrific and savory alternative, but if you don’t like dark meat, you may use chicken breast, ham, pork chops, or even a combination of the two.
- Cooked Rice– For this recipe, you can use microwave-ready frozen rice.
- Coconut Aminos-This recipe is gluten and soy free because of the use of coconut aminos! I definitely recommend trying either Big Tree or The New Primal coconut aminos because they are both excellent in terms of consistency and flavor. The rice will be seasoned with additional coconut aminos.
- Avocado Oil-This can also be used in place of olive oil. Because of its high smoke point and moderate flavor, I like to use avocado oil. Note that you’ll need more cooking oil than usual, although avocado oil is a terrific choice.
- Veggies- You can change or put in all of your favorite vegetables to this dish because it’s so adaptable.
- Eggs- Depending on your own choice, you can add more or less eggs!
HOW TO MAKE THIS RECIPE: STEP BY STEP
- In a mixing dish, combine all of the ingredients for the marinade.
- Marinate the chicken in a big bowl or plastic bag for 30 minutes to 24 hours before cooking.
- Preheat the griddle on the blackstone for 10 minutes. On a well-oiled griddle, reduce the heat to low and add the marinated chicken (together with the marinade fluids). Allow the chicken to brown for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- On the griddle, toss in the onion, carrots, and red bell pepper (adding more oil if needed to prevent sticking). Allow the vegetables to cook until the onions are translucent, about 2-3 minutes, while moving and flipping the chicken to keep it from burning.
- Mix 2 tbsp coconut aminos with the rice on the griddle (add more oil if necessary to prevent sticking).
- Combine the vegetables and rice in a mixing bowl, then add the peas to the rice and toss thoroughly.
- Set aside for around 2 minutes on the griddle to cook the eggs’ whites until they’re almost done. Then, using a spatula, scramble the eggs and cook them well.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl, sprinkle with green onions, and season with salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!
STOVE-TOP FRIED RICE
- On a large griddle or on a large saute pan over medium-high heat, this recipe is simple to make on the stovetop. To guarantee that the chicken reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit, follow the recipe exactly as given and lengthen the cooking time if needed.
- To avoid burning the meal, you’ll have to be more careful when stirring it on the stovetop.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE THIS RECIPE
- It’s delectable! -This is a recipe that everyone in the family will like! The combination of sticky rice, vegetables, and chicken is wonderful.
- Because coconut aminos are used, this dish is both gluten- and soy-free! Try this Whole30 Teriyaki Sauce if you’re looking for more soy-free options.
- It cooks quickly and evenly, which is one of my favorite things about the blackstone! This recipe, however, comes together swiftly and simply even on the burner.
- Customizable – I adore a good recipe that can be tweaked to perfection. Try substituting (or adding) your favorite vegetables, or substituting pork chops, ham, or chicken breast for the thighs in this recipe!
Tips for the Perfect Fried Rice
- During the cooking process, thinly layer the rice. The Blackstone will help you achieve that right texture in your chicken fried rice by adding a little crunch to it. To get a uniform crisp to the rice, use the entire griddle surface and a healthy quantity of frying oil.
- Last, cook the meat! It’s possible that if you cook your meat too early in the Blackstone, it’ll overcook.
- After you’ve added the sauce, taste the rice. The sauce for fried rice has a lot of salt in it, but it can also be very sweet, depending on the ingredients. After you’ve added some of the saue to the rice, taste it and adjust the amount of rice to your liking.
What is the secret to fried rice?
Use cooked rice that is still chilly. …
Use rice with a medium to long grain, not sweet/sushi rice or glutinous rice with a short grain. …
Your components will not adhere to the surface if you use a very hot wok (a wok is best, but a large pan, skillet, or Dutch oven will suffice).
How do you cook rice on a Blackstone?
Re-oil your Blackstone griddle after it’s been fired up. All I have to do is switch it on and re-oil it. I keep mine ready to go at all times. On one side of the griddle, lay out the bacon or meat, and on the other side, lay out the rice. Assist in the cooking process by stirring occasionally.
How long does fried rice take on Blackstone?
The Blackstone Griddle Chicken Fried Rice is a quick and easy lunch for the whole family!! This 15-minute chicken fried rice recipe is loaded with fresh vegetables and pre-cooked rice.
Do you cook rice before frying it?
The “pilaf” method is a way of making stir-fried rice with rice that hasn’t been cooked before. When making fried rice with rice that has already been cooked, the rice must be fully cooked first by utilizing the boiling/absorption/steaming process. … In a big skillet, the rice is stir-fried for a few minutes in a tiny amount of oil
Why do you put eggs in fried rice?
For frying rice, what is the best oil to use?
Which oils to use and which not to use while making fried rice.
You’ll want to use peanut oil if you want a little nutty flavor. Choose avocado oil, macadamia oil, or sesame oil, depending on the flavor you’re trying for, if you want your fried rice to have a rich flavor.
More alternative recipes to try:
Blackstone Ham And Pineapple Fried Rice Recipe
For a fraction of the price, Blackstone Hibachi Ham & Pineapple Fried Rice offers real hibachi-style fried rice at home. Make a dinner out of this delicious dish!
I’ve always wanted to be a master of fried rice, but I’ve never been able to achieve that goal. Until we got our Blackstone, that is.
The secret to great fried rice is to use a lot of heat. When it comes to fried rice, the higher the heat, the better. You don’t want the rice to become dry and crunchy, but you don’t want it to be dry and crunchy.
Blackstone Shrimp Fried Rice
A hibachi grill with a gas burner takes a traditional and delicious cooking method and adds modern convenience to it. When making shrimp fried rice on a gas griddle, you don’t have to wait for the coals to reach the correct temperature.
Hibachi Shrimp Fried Rice is a simple recipe with soft shrimp, fresh vegetables, and a hint of hibachi taste thanks to the use of a gas griddle.
Hibachi Shrimp Fried Rice is a quick and easy method to use up rice left over from a previous meal. Cooking over a gas flame on a flat top griddle is a terrific way to go. Because of the griddle’s strong heat and even distribution, every grain of rice cooks evenly and rapidly.